Free Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since now
just been to asda hartlepool, memo from head office no LPG fill up for bottles, where to now ?

peter

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont have re-fillable bottles..

BUT thats a report on Asda and Morrisons that I have seen this week..
Is something afoot to stop you guys ??????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
just been to asda hartlepool, memo from head office no LPG fill up for bottles, where to now ?

peter
That's a bugger. I used to use it regularly but I've moved now have to find a new local anyway.
How did they stop you? And how did they know you were filling bottles as the pay kiosk is quite a long way from the pump?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
ASDA's loss! There's plenty more around, just need a bit of research, as denisejoe has posted above.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
From FACEBOOK Mcc group..
I knew I had seen another post..

"We just tried to top up our lpg atMorrison's, they're no longer allowing motorhomes to fill up at the pumps- shock horror"

OP
OP
Petjanjess

Petjanjess

Free Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since now
That's a bugger. I used to use it regularly but I've moved now have to find a new local anyway.
How did they stop you? And how did they know you were filling bottles as the pay kiosk is quite a long way from the pump?

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm wondering if there is a tax issue at the bottom of all this ? ,lpg used for fuel is taxed at a higher rate than when it's used for heating ,perhaps they fearsome sort of a tax return claim from the motorhome fraternity ??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm wondering if there is a tax issue at the bottom of all this ? ,lpg used for fuel is taxed at a higher rate than when it's used for heating ,perhaps they fearsome sort of a tax return claim from the motorhome fraternity ??

doubt that.. more likely an insurance issue.. and the attendant enforcing company rules

a few years ago there was a bad fire at a French Shell filling when a camper was filling refillable bottles.. the outcome was that Shell
put up new signs reminding that the use of LPG pumps is solely dedicated to LPG powered vehicles,"

I posted about this in 2011 http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...on-campervan-lpg-explosion.32708/#post-399914

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-dive...ns-une-station-service-sur-l-a10-4863482.html

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Also wasn't there a fire at a morrisons near Manchester that stopped them.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Is this for people that fill up from an external filler point or for people that actually try and fill the bottles directly, or is it both?

Just trying to get clarification as at present we havent been stopped anywhere but we also have an external filler point so not sure how they will know. As it would like we are filling up as normal like petrol/diesel

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is this for people that fill up from an external filler point or for people that actually try and fill the bottles directly, or is it both?

Just trying to get clarification as at present we havent been stopped anywhere but we also have an external filler point so not sure how they will know. As it would like we are filling up as normal like petrol/diesel

both... it becomes obvious when you also fill up with diesel.. :LOL:

I was refused in France when I tried to fill up a fixed LPG tank on my RV .. I was informed by the attendant.. Autogas is not for cooking ..

and yes, I do have twin Gaslow 11kg bottles.. hopefully this ruling isn't widely practiced

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
both... it becomes obvious when you also fill up with diesel.. :LOL:

I was refused in France when I tried to fill up a fixed LPG tank on my RV .. I was informed by the attendant.. Autogas is not for cooking ..

and yes, I do have twin Gaslow 11kg bottles.. hopefully this ruling isn't widely practiced

Ah right, i am assuming there are a lot of the big rv's that are diesel but still have lpg tanks. If this spreads it will become extremely difficult moving forward. Must be something that can be done, this should really be raised by the likes of Gaslow/Autogas etc as surely this is going to affect their sales. Of course they may not give a damn until it actually does so may be in for a long wait until it changes

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This may be a clue .. ?

Autogas Limited is a joint venture company between by Calor Gas, the UK's leading supplier of liquefied petroleum gas, and Shell Retail, the leading petrol retailers.

The union of these two formidable companies, with the sole aim of making LPG more accessible to private and business car drivers, will create a forecourt infrastructure without equal in the UK.

The company currently supplies and manages automotive LPG facilities at 229 petrol forecourt sites throughout Great Britain mainly Shell company owned sites but also BP, Total, Texaco, Esso and Murco dealer owned sites.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi
Warning. The BP filling station just outside Mortaqua, Portugal,will send an attendant out to check. We have an underslung tank so explained and showed her the tank and said it was for the engine."OK" she said,went in and paid and she asked if i lived local,i said no,we lived just outside Santa Comba Dao,about 30 mins away. Oh,i know the village well,my God daughter lives in the house by the big rock....
Question. How do i explain to the locals when filling up with diesel in the village,that it's for cooking ? LOL
Tea Bag

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Shell garage on Thornaby Road Mike. Not far from the A174 junction. We used to use it until we found that Roseberry Garage in Middlesbrough (which is closer to us) sold it. Not available at Roseberry at the moment though so we will probably be back to Thornaby next week.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Check the FillLPG web site (and Android app) for LPG stockists all over the country. Ron Perry apparently has it both sides of the A19.

Certainly does Northbound as that's the one we use going North, last time we were in there was an estate car tailgate up bottle in the back, quick squirt and it was full.

Then we use Southbound A19 near Thirsk.

Other than that Belgium.

I find the LPG apps are well out of date usually.

Martin

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Leaves me wondering if I should have refillable lpg tank fitted

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
This may be a clue .. ?

Autogas Limited is a joint venture company between by Calor Gas, the UK's leading supplier of liquefied petroleum gas, and Shell Retail, the leading petrol retailers.

The union of these two formidable companies, with the sole aim of making LPG more accessible to private and business car drivers, will create a forecourt infrastructure without equal in the UK.

The company currently supplies and manages automotive LPG facilities at 229 petrol forecourt sites throughout Great Britain mainly Shell company owned sites but also BP, Total, Texaco, Esso and Murco dealer owned sites.

My local Calor depot refused to fill my external fill Gaslow bottles 5 years ago, bloke was quite arsey with me, their loss, I fill at a local welding supply shop now and went to Flogas for my workshop propane.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Then we use Southbound A19 near Thirsk.
Do you mean A168 rather than A19 Martin?

It's a BP outlet and FillLPG has been showing it as unavailable since the back end of August. We passed today and it had a price (49.9p) displayed but as we were only passing we couldn't see if the pump was working. @Munchie has used Morrisons at Boroughbridge successfully in the past.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you mean A168 rather than A19 Martin?

It's a BP outlet and FillLPG has been showing it as unavailable since the back end of August. We passed today and it had a price (49.9p) displayed but as we were only passing we couldn't see if the pump was working. @Munchie has used Morrisons at Boroughbridge successfully in the past.

Hi Graham

Correct, well spotted.

I have just checked the filllpg and it does show as unavailable, price was showing today at 49.9 pence as you say but we didn't stop either.

About 8 weeks since we stopped.

Martin

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We live about 3 miles from a big Calor depot on A14 (Suffolk) so we fill up there when setting off or returning from a trip. We have refillable Gas-It cylinders with an internal fitted filler never had a problem.
Chris

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Calor at Haverton Hill.
Old VW garage at Northallerton
Shell Northbound A1 at Scotch Corner (not Middleton Tyas Turnoff)
Tim Swales at Osmotherly
Autogas at Northallerton
Ron Perry on A19

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread