Been To The NEC Show ? What's New? (4 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wondered what Funsters who have been thought of this years Motorhome Show at the NEC, what's new & what shouldn't we miss? Any good deals or offers, discount codes or vouchers?
Any hints or tips about places to eat or drink would be helpful too :) Can see all the outlets on the website but nothing beats insider knowledge...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We got food poisoning last time we went. Ate at a subway, wife vegetarian im not...think it was the salad.

Just be careful you don't get stuck with old stock at over inflated prices..factory order best..Above all don't listen to dealer nonsense, make your own minds up. Flash eye candy dont make for a trouble free owner experience...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My Son just told me his friend has lost tons of weight on the subway diet? One of their salads for lunch and a subfor dinner....live and learn!:)
Not surprised with the rubbish they serve up.
turkey breast*, ham† - †Formed meat. *Reformed meat.
Succulent strips of mouth-watering steak* - *Formed meat made with shaved steak strips.

Goodness knows what goes in their meatballs :LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Succulent strips of mouth-watering steak* - *Formed meat made with shaved steak strips.

That's the UK for you...feed junk of every description....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
So much to see , the bind moggles. We focussed the time we had in one day eliminating and choosing our next mohome.
Will now possibly buy in Deutchland if no reasonable deal in uk.
In answer to your question anything new, dunno :p

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

I quite like the meatballs from there. Cheese and herb bread, toasted with cheese and then onions, gherkins and hot chili sauce. :D(y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anybody got ferry discount codes from the show, looking to book for late December/early January?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We usually take our own food in a rucksack & bottles of water for the first day so don't waste time queuing (so much to see!) but staying overnight in hotel so wondered what is the least worst option for the second day... Has anyone taken the free monorail from the NEC to the M&S Simply Food at the airport to pick up supplies or is that really taking it too far?! Know we will be stopping off at the Gloucester Services both ways thanks to tip on here - not cheap but some good food (y)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

Scussa me' Jmental's wife is vegetarian....mine is pescatarion. Have you any idea what grief you are causing us?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I quite like the meatballs from there. Cheese and herb bread, toasted with cheese and then onions, gherkins and hot chili sauce. :D(y)
As I can't stand chilli sauce and cooked cheese that's another reason for me to avoid Subway :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
So much to see , the bind moggles. We focussed the time we had in one day eliminating and choosing our next mohome.
Will now possibly buy in Deutchland if no reasonable deal in uk.
In answer to your question anything new, dunno :p

What a tease....So come on what is it:)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
We got food poisoning last time we went. Ate at a subway, wife vegetarian im not...think it was the salad.

Just be careful you don't get stuck with old stock at over inflated prices..factory order best..Above all don't listen to dealer nonsense, make your own minds up. Flash eye candy dont make for a trouble free owner experience...
Arh yes..... Subway
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks it's she height (sh@t)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We usually take our own food in a rucksack & bottles of water for the first day so don't waste time queuing (so much to see!) but staying overnight in hotel so wondered what is the least worst option for the second day... Has anyone taken the free monorail from the NEC to the M&S Simply Food at the airport to pick up supplies or is that really taking it too far?! Know we will be stopping off at the Gloucester Services both ways thanks to tip on here - not cheap but some good food (y)
We went yesterday, not too busy, picked up all the bits we wanted so pleased with that.
Lots of shiny vans which seem to be going for hi-gloss cabinetry. Also noticed one or two had gone back to the bubbly type finish we used to get on caravans years ago....'mare to clean:eek:.
Don't know about the monorail but there was signs up for a free shuttle bus between the station/airport/nec. Also express shuttle mini bus from carparks £1 each.
Wethers is opposite halls 6 & 7, it's huge. We went for a drink, the portions looked smaller than what we've seen before (and we've eaten in a few:D)
Didn't mind paying £6/person but would've resented full price.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We went yesterday, not too busy, picked up all the bits we wanted so pleased with that.
Lots of shiny vans which seem to be going for hi-gloss cabinetry. Also noticed one or two had gone back to the bubbly type finish we used to get on caravans years ago....'mare to clean:eek:.
Don't know about the monorail but there was signs up for a free shuttle bus between the station/airport/nec. Also express shuttle mini bus from carparks £1 each.
Wethers is opposite halls 6 & 7, it's huge. We went for a drink, the portions looked smaller than what we've seen before (and we've eaten in a few:D)
Didn't mind paying £6/person but would've resented full price.

Surprised you saw bubble aluminium skin..on what vans? It was popular as its lighter weight then flat profile but disappeared years back...as you say difficult to keep smart.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I know:eek:, it stopped us in our tacks, can't remember what make it was Eddie but think it was two different ones, and one might have been a hobby.......
@Judgemental

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Was at the NEC for an exhibition a couple of weeks ago; colleague got the monorail to the airport and came back with M&S grub for lunch - easy peasy. We were very jealous as we had to scavenge for something halfway decent to eat at the NEC itself.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Away from our obsession with food :happy: - did anyone have a look at the new Fleurette & Florium range on the Webbs stand?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun