Long Term (6 months +) Pitch in Spain (1 Viewer)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I am in France at present and will be trundling further south in two or three weeks. I would like to hear recommendations for good value long term pitches in Spain on the coast between Valencia and Almeria. I do not mind paying for a 12 month pitch if it is the right price.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi we used to use Vila-sol or El-Raco in Benidorm for 6 month winter pitch. That is the cheapest way. Loads of campsites along that coast. Best sunny pitches will be gone. You can always move around on site if a good pitch comes up. Loads of Dutch will have already be parked up by now for the winter. It is a fab way to spend a winter.

steve & ann. ----------- teensvan

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
We have been staying, over the winter, in the Costa Del Sol, for the last 8 winters.
This year, we are having a bit of a mooch around, looking for some where different along the coast, from Costa Blanca to the Costa Del Sol.

Somewhere possibly, that is not quite so popular might be good.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We stay 5 months at Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora - on the Costa de la Luz between Tarifa and Cadiz - last year it was €295 a month for a stay over 3 months. 10 kw of EHU included per day about 26 cents per KW after that.
Very quiet, very Spanish - not like the other costas ;-)
Hiya, we are thinking of spending 2 months in Spain over Christmas, is that when you spend your 5 months? Just wondered what to expect weather wise and also pitch size. We've been to a few Spanish sites, albeit in June and thought they were very noisy and not to our liking. We prefer peace and quiet.

Thanks David

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hiya, we are thinking of spending 2 months in Spain over Christmas, is that when you spend your 5 months? Just wondered what to expect weather wise and also pitch size. We've been to a few Spanish sites, albeit in June and thought they were very noisy and not to our liking. We prefer peace and quiet.

Thanks David

The weather in Zahora can be varied - it is their winter after all ;-)
Nothing like UK or France of course!
November / December usually very very nice - warm and sunny usually dry.
January / February can also be the same but sometimes we get rain - not always though - warm in the sun ( 20's) cooler at night of course.
Very quiet where we are - very Spanish - you won't find Brit food or drink! Vast white empty beaches. Lots of surfing going on. It is the Atlantic so we get proper waves ;-)
Plenty of cycling and walking available.
Good size pitches and not too busy so if you don't have a sunny pitch you can always move your chairs to an empty one and chase the sun around.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When I got a job in Marbella for Jan 2009, my first thoughts were to take the MH. Pitches were typically €350pm and I'd have to take the van to work every day with my wife in it :(.

However, I got a long term let on a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment on a golf complex, for €600pm. With large lounge, well-equipped kitchen, balcony overlooking one of three shared swimming pools, it allowed us to LIVE and bring out family members for visits.

Our car averaged 56mpg compared to the MHs 25mpg: a significant factor on a 3000 mile return drive. Ferry fares were cheaper and parking was much easier. I declared SORN on the van.

Sometimes it's worth looking outside the box - Gordon

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
We are at Camping Marjal near Alicante. It is a big site with lots going on...we are learning petanque (boules) and spanish, cycling, and enjoying the local grub. We are on at the Acsi rate (16 euros a night, 4 kwh electricity included) but the rate drops a bit if you stop more than 61 days. The weather is currently sunny and hot. There are plenty of empty pitches at the moment but apparently some are pre-booked for the Winter. Have a look at our blog if you are interested.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
The weather in Zahora can be varied - it is their winter after all ;-)
Nothing like UK or France of course!
November / December usually very very nice - warm and sunny usually dry.
January / February can also be the same but sometimes we get rain - not always though - warm in the sun ( 20's) cooler at night of course.
Very quiet where we are - very Spanish - you won't find Brit food or drink! Vast white empty beaches. Lots of surfing going on. It is the Atlantic so we get proper waves ;-)
Plenty of cycling and walking available.
Good size pitches and not too busy so if you don't have a sunny pitch you can always move your chairs to an empty one and chase the sun around.
Thanks for the info, sounds good to me so I'll look into the site etc.

David

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
We stay 5 months at Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora - on the Costa de la Luz between Tarifa and Cadiz - last year it was €295 a month for a stay over 3 months. 10 kw of EHU included per day about 26 cents per KW after that.
Very quiet, very Spanish - not like the other costas ;-)
Are there any petanque courts, or whatever they are called...greens? Gravels?

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Anyone thinking of wintering in Benidorm, please try and book a pitch ahead. We've been here three weeks now and most of the 'town' sites are pretty full with Benibirds, (kinda like snowbirds but a bit crazier) and the Scandinavians haven't really started getting here yet!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Our winter residence this year on Villasol, Benidorm.
Just under 14 Euro a day but with no free leci
IMG_20151014_161659.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151014_161659.jpg
    IMG_20151014_161659.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 15
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi Peter21. Seems that there are two camping Margal, Crevillente & Guardamar.
Which one you are staying in?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back