Do you wear a Funster badge at Exhibition??? (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am off up the road to the NEC for the Tuesday opening day . Just had a thought. Do I wear my badge to identify myself to other miscreants that might turn up there? Or would I look silly unless I'm on the Carthago stand, trying to blag a free one from them.
Would you wear it with pride or skulk around?

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
There's a time and a place !
The rest of them aren't like us and won't understand ,if you feel the need to wear it and attract any unwelcome attention ,tell them you work for an agency investigating gassing incidents ,I'm sure they'll give you a wide berth and ask no more questions

Vlad !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We are going, but don't have badges :(

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
I wouldn't be wearing my badge I think incognito / in disguise would be best. :unsure:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
There is more to this than meets the eye,being as i am a bit of a loner when out in the unit with first wife,(52cnd wedding anniversary tomorrow 12/10/ 2015..Where did those years go ?),i am wary about attracting attention. (Who could have guessed that..)
So far,having spent 6 weeks back in England at 4 seperate sites,i have yet to see a Funster member + badge,or smiley face on a unit. To be fair,i had more fun with "C/vanners" and two M/Homers who were not funsters,but i spread the word while there. Are you all out of the country !!!LOL.
Will get a smiley face for the unit in the fullness of time,however,at the moment it is in Stealth mode.(Need to know basis). Look forward to perhaps seeing some of you in our future travels.Stay well,stay lucky.
Tea Bag

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
3 smiley faces on windscreens in Keswick last week(y) @Bluemooner parked next to us, very nice couple (we are evens now andy) Didn't meet the others, never saw them in, and ourselves.
Must admit only ever seen these 2 + my first meeting with @zainspops in Chartres this year, another nice couple.
Do people hide their Smiley's and put them on show only when they feel sociable?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Don't have sticker for van or badges now in the van badges got water damaged when we left them in the garage when we stored the van last year.
and don't have the sticker on windscreen nether as we prefer a clear windscreen and windows with out stickers except a very small Scotland badge
bill

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
hya I wear my funster badge all the time when I am out as being proud of the good the club does for all different people but it really looks odd on my dinner jacket
Looking at your avatar I can see why if you were wearing a Funster badge you would look really odd! :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How do you get a badge? Can you order one and pay for it online or do you only get them at the large rallies Jim attends?

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
We will be wearing our badges on Tuesday and Wednesday.
We will talk to anyone though!
Bernie & Rona.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How do you get a badge? Can you order one and pay for it online or do you only get them at the large rallies Jim attends?
They are normally provided free at rallies to anyone who wants them. Somebody posted the other day though that, as a temporary measure, you could print out the tax disc smiley from Broken Link Removed and make your own by adding your name under the word Funster :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think we need special "Fun Public Badges" & keep the ones with our names on for rallies then members will be able to spot each other without the embarassment of for example salespeople using our names from the badges at the NEC. We have some like this Broken Link Removed & worked well last year
download (5).jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Think we need special "Fun Public Badges" & keep the ones with our names on for rallies then members will be able to spot each other without the embarassment of for example salespeople using our names from the badges at the NEC. We have some like this Broken Link Removed & worked well last year View attachment 78990
For the first one who spots my smiley face and name badge at the show I'll award 10 Likes.(y):)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, we wear our Funster badges ( and if the exhibition is outside I wear my bowler too.. Amazingly that hat has got me a whole lot of lolly off various crap we have bought because the seller remembers me and will consider me a 'returning long term customer'

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
send jim a stamped addressed 1st class envelop sure he will sort it for you might even get a windscreen sticker ;) his address is
JB MotorhomeFun,
Tynyfron,
Llanwenog,
SA40 9UT
[EDIT] if I had known when you were at the fix it meat I would have given you ours we had three we have no use for
bill

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Well, think we're from the really happy posh side of The Funsters?:D(y)
Cuff links for us!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Smiley Face.jpg
    Smiley Face.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 11

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, we're going tomorrow ....we'll keep our eyes peeled for smiley faces:)

We don't have badges, just a list of things we are looking to buy:D

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
We are going on Saturday because daughter and son in law have to go to "work" during the week.
We don't have badges either but I will say hello if I see any. :D

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I went there to the show OK But if you see on the news about a MURDER IN DOVER, it would have been me, as we were leaving I asked the wife to watch me back out to avoid traffic, She did stop me when something came then waved me out again and stood with her arms folded as I backed into the metal fence opposite smashing my rearlight cluster and bumper getting it caught up. When I yelled at her she said "YOU ONLY SAID LOOK FOR TRAFFIC" . two hours later and £90 lighter i fitted a new light unit to make it roadworthy again. But I do no know where to replace the bumper from, any ideas for an obsolete Chausson Oddesey.
And Where do I get a replacement wife with sense.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back