Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
hi everyone

Well I don,t know what I am doing,not very good with computers ,see a woman has admitted it!!!!!

Well I am in France now at Mimizan enjoying the sunshine,came across 2 lots of funsters,2 ladies together,only a quick chat,with one,other wanted to get on the road,then another one!! Saw there sticker in the window, me hello............ Still waiting foe a reply......."

Anyway if there are any friendly funsters about??? And want to say hello,let me know?????
Don,t even know if I am in the right section,if I am not I apologise in advance.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
:france: Hi Eve, enjoy, wish I was there. Took Helen the Hymer to the doctors yesterday Old Romney to Eythorne for her mechanical birthday. Passed a lot of Motohomes/Camping cars going the other way. I waved to each, think I only got one wave back. They may have been concentrating on the navigation at that time as close to ports and tunnel entrance. Still I shall continue to wave and thank you for the prompt, I will get a couple of stickers to apply when I have done her makeover after the mechanics have finished leaving finger prints. As I said before, wish I was there.:france:

Clive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Its nice to be nice but as Andy Harris says on the Motorhome Channel "don't forget to wave". I'd like to see more of it but rest assured I like to wave & acknowledge other like minded people.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Eve have fun on your travels will be heading back that way in a week or three currently enjoying the sun in Altea
:france:
giphy.gif

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not many wave to us now. Must be a dying trend! ! We're in France too. If you see us. Wave? Bit further down than you now though at Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Never mind Eve, their loss, so many funsters now, bound to be a few odd bods. :rolleyes:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We've called at the Aire in Mimizan twice in the last two years and the pay machine and barrier wouldn't work either time.

Enjoy the holiday.

:france::france::france:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:france: Hi Eve, enjoy, wish I was there. Took Helen the Hymer to the doctors yesterday Old Romney to Eythorne for her mechanical birthday. Passed a lot of Motohomes/Camping cars going the other way. I waved to each, think I only got one wave back. They may have been concentrating on the navigation at that time as close to ports and tunnel entrance. Still I shall continue to wave and thank you for the prompt, I will get a couple of stickers to apply when I have done her makeover after the mechanics have finished leaving finger prints. As I said before, wish I was there.:france:

Clive

Long way for an mot ? Nothing nearer? Quite like Old Romney & all around that area.Spent a bit of time around there whilst I was over in what passed for a summer.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Well it's given me a card to pay on the way out now,9.50 a night,I remember when you could park there for free police never came round to collect the money,

Been out a week and spoke more French than English,and I cannot speak French lol

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
:france: Hi Eve, enjoy, wish I was there. Took Helen the Hymer to the doctors yesterday Old Romney to Eythorne for her mechanical birthday.

Clive
What happens in Eythorne, As far as I know, nutting' Unless you go to the little garage on Sandwich Road for its service, I didn't know a van could get in there.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Yes, it is the garage on the Sandwich Road, my brother is there! So he has been tasked with the work. She is not in for an MOT, that was done by the previous owner on 1 June this year (first one for four years), no I wanted to sort of "zero time" as much as I could, all of which I would have done myself but living where I do with the time I have available I can not so, second best, well probably first best really as I am no longer up to speed (soon catch up) I place my trust in him (dire consequences on failure - family afterall) but I know he will do the necessary. Oops sorry Eve, I do not wish to hi-jack your thread.

I was glad I ignored Tom Tom's first turn for Eythorne and came in from Tilmanstone!

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Cleve you should try Dunckleys in Deal mill hill being going to him for years, he's good and reasonable priced.
Hi scousebirds. POSH,I would if I could find someone to talk too,lol.

I forgot to mention,it was not a waving thing!!! I was parked next to one and the other was in the bay across from me,never experienced this before,may be the female on her own thing!!!!

Any way my dog talks to me!!! Oscar says the French dogs are a bit stuck up too,
Still in Mimizan,feel relaxed so staying a few more days lots of nice walks,birds and deer if I can get up early enough to see them.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Morning Eve

Enjoy the deer and other creatures. Relax ......

Clive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back