Can Anyone Answer This ..... (1 Viewer)

Daismarg

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
Exp
5 years
When out in our motor home, my husband and I like nothing better than to wave to other motor homers! A few years back we noticed someone waving to us (from the otherside of the carriage way) with a yellow hand, which I thought was brilliant.

Since then I have been looking for one, especially at the shows we have been to with out success. Can anyone put light to this question, where I can get one from as I am getting RSM from all the waving I am doing!!! May be it was a DIY model and if so then should get a patent for it as I think it is brill and would certainly buy a few to use in my vechicle!!!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Wasn't there a yellow hand Cut out on the Guide Jim created some time ago?

Or was it one of these?

Foamhandsyellowfront.jpg

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes there is a very large yellow hand on the back of the Motorhome Checklist. Tested over 6 lanes of motorway::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
waving

a light up moving one would great if i could find one i would buy.we have a house for sale in nottingham with enough room for a motorhome to be parked off road if you want it.cheers MUZ

OP
OP
Daismarg

Daismarg

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
Exp
5 years
Many thanks for your replies which has answered my question!!

Muz, thanks for the offer of your house for sale but today has just bought one in Lincoln! :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When out in our motor home, my husband and I like nothing better than to wave to other motor homers! A few years back we noticed someone waving to us (from the otherside of the carriage way) with a yellow hand, which I thought was brilliant.

Quire common for orientals.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A few years back we noticed someone waving to us (from the otherside of the carriage way) with a yellow hand,

does this mean our ringleader 'stole' the idea!!!!!!:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
MUZ... where are you in eastwood.... you not on coach drive by any chance???... nope, just seen you own an Rv not a euro motorhome, now to think where i saw an Rv in town last.

oh yeah, for light up hands, they do em in truck stops, amber one side and red the other, on a solid or wobbely stalk.... sold as novelty clearance lights, only problem is the wave they are doing is the 2 fingred salute... or you can get the one fingered salute version if you want to be extra rude.

Last edited:

maxitai

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
23 YEARS
Waving at fellow motorhomers

I agree that most motorhomers wave back at you and it can be tiring but, and this is a gripe!! It"s when they don"t wave back and just give you a stare of utter indifference!!
I welcome the wave and long may it live!!!
Paul

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Heres a good game. Wave at Tuggers and have a bet as to how many you pass before they stop deliberatly ignoring you and someone waves. Can take a while! Why though? They are still fellow campers after all or is it just the good old British class system again?:Smile:

OP
OP
Daismarg

Daismarg

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
Exp
5 years
American Dream

Birchwood area, near the Skellingthorpe roundabout on the bypass!!

Barry D

Thanks for the link but minimum purchase is 250!!

Last edited:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
American Dream

Birchwood area, near the Skellingthorpe roundabout on the bypass!!

Barry D

Thanks for the link but minimum purchase is 250!!
:Doh:
Dooh! Hmm. Maybe I sense a business oportunity here. How many members would buy them I wonder. No wait a minute Im off to France in a week for two months to forget all about work!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
As we have a conversion van we havent waved to any other m/h's before but as we were away this w/e tried a wave or two to other vans similiar type to ours :Doh:
but alas had no response:Blush: although we have now added some graphics to our van trying to lose that white van only image ........ if only I had done that air brushing course a few years back i could have had a wave hand on the bonnet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Well I would wave at you. In fact I would wave at a car if they waved at me and even a Tugger!!!!. Its just being friendly! Strange though how depending on the type of vehicle you sometimes get a different response. Michelle and I go two up on our 100cc scooter. When I had a "proper" bike years ago other bikers would give you a nod or a wave. On the scooter they sometimes do but not as often and if we nod or wave they often just stare at us like we are mad. Well we might be but they could still give us a wave. I kind of like the idea of not fitting in to a particular group though.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanks Barryd, I think it is a nice idea also will try waving at other m/h's when on the way to Stratford
We have a army camp nearby us and I wave to the helicopters as they approach to land here and have seen a few waves back from them::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Daismarg

Daismarg

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
Exp
5 years
We tow a Fiat 500 behind our motor home so we can use whilst on site to get into town etc! The other day whilst in Newark, my OH got carried away whilst driving the Fiat 500 and waved at a fellow Fiat 500 owner, only to get an eager wave back!! May be he has started a new trend? What ever next!!! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back