Campsites near Almeria please (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We are going to Almeria in March for three weeks and would like a campsite near the beach in between Murcia and Almeria and takes dogs any suggestions would be gratefully accepted especially from guz we are looking to buy property in the area Lorca lookes good

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at a couple of ACSI sites in Almeria in March this year. We went there to look at the place we used to holiday in 25+ years ago in Villaricos. I think its always a mistake to go back - and whether it was the time of year, or whether it was just the disgruntled ex-pats in negativity equity that made it miserable I don't know - but miserable it was!

Both sites were 'ACSI' but with no electric, and the one in Vera despite saying it was walkable to the village was in the middle of nowhere on what can only be described as a lunar landscape - grey dust everywhere - we stayed for a couple of hours - found we couldn't cycle anywhere near Vera and moved off to the Costa Del Sol!

On our way out we saw motorhomes parked up on the beach on the edge of Villaricos, wildcamping. We found an english number plate and asked the couple who owned it if they had been bothered by the local police, and would it be a preferable place to camp than the ACSI sites in the area - he said because it was such awful weather they hadn't been bothered by anyone because the local Guardia didn't like to get their boots wet, but it was the first place they had wild camped on that coast where they hadn't been moved on!

Sorry to be so negative, but I had been looking forward to revisiting Almeria and it was the only depressing spot on the whole two months voyage through Spain and Portugal.

If I was househunting it would be on the Algarve and not Almeria!

Kevlar jacket donned, waiting for the flack! ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cabo dr Gata,,,,decent site...BUSBY.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Cabo dr Gata,,,,decent site...BUSBY.
Cabo is great if you have dogs we go every year in January/Feb be prepared to travel to Almeria if you not big supermarkets and shops around 30 mins to get there.
There is a little supermarket and bar/restraunt on site and it's a very friendly site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back