Vaping (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
how many of you have been able to get yourself off the "dreaded weed" with e- cigarettes? I have been a heavy smoker for 40 years. I've tried the patches, I've tried the tablets.
None worked but e-cgarettes seem to be working. Smoking is not just about nicotine its about the whole experience something in your hands...whatever...what I do believe is it is s probably the most effective way of stopping people smoking and probably more preferable than young people starting smoking. So why is Europe so intent on screwing thing up before they've had time to evaluate it.
http://article20legalchallenge.com/
Sorry I can't find a direct link to the new law

Last edited:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
It is an interesting campaign but I was under the impression that article 20 had already been rejected by the UK parliament.. I hope so

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They didn't work for me. They just made me cough.

I think I might have been doing something wrong.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Maybe not directly related but I gave up smoking 49 years ago when I was 24, the reason was absolute fear of lung cancer as told to me from a science technician. Lately I have heard that there are more and more cases of mouth cancer both here and abroad, what more reason do you want?
Etap

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
It's no surprise that the eu are messing around with e cigs ,you can always make your own vape juice or buy it directly from Hong Kong ,check out www.fasttech. com
on most of the vaping sites there is instructions on how to diy, with the coils and the juice ,it can work out ultra cheap doing it that way

The problem with government is that they are loosing tax revenue to vaping ,it will be interesting to see how much, and then we can drop the bull about what happens to the tax paid on ciggys

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Same here 2 1/2 years now, For me it was not about giving up nicotine, it is about 'getting my fix' in a 'safer' more socially acceptable way (unless you are Buttons of course:whistle:), plus saved me a small fortune, so all in all very happy (y)
More socially acceptable.....yeah right dream on.;):)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Same here 2 1/2 years now, For me it was not about giving up nicotine, it is about 'getting my fix' in a 'safer' more socially acceptable way (unless you are Buttons of course:whistle:), plus saved me a small fortune, so all in all very happy (y)

While in the meantime if I'm in your vicinity I have to breath in your toxins from God knows what chemical concoction you are "vaping" and I unwittingly share your disgusting habit.
Smokers should grow a set and invest in some willpower .
Smoking / vaping you are still social lepers in my eyes .

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
While in the meantime if I'm in your vicinity I have to breath in your toxins from God knows what chemical concoction you are "vaping" and I unwittingly share your disgusting habit.
There is a lot of scaremongering on passive vaping. The conclusion of the following link to research is
"In conclusion, the levels of nicotine absorbed from “passive vaping” are not only harmless but do not even produce any biological effect (not even heart rate acceleration). Considering the possibility that allowing e-cigarette use in public places may motivate smokers to switch to e-cigarette use, there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places."
Broken Link Removed

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Rule 1

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

You sound a real bundle of fun:rolleyes:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've smoked since I had a paper round!! Naturally, I became a hopeless nicotine addict, winding up on 40/day or more. I had counselling, patches, chewing gum, acupuncture, group therapy ("Hi, I'm James and I am a smoker") the whole nine yards - all to no avail. No point in going cold turkey, throwing the fags in the bin, showing me x-rays of smoker's chests, showing me jars full of tar; it made no difference. If I didn't smoke, the sensors in my Carotid Sinus's would beg me for a hit and if they didn't get one, would stop me concentrating and give me hell!

Two years ago, the wife bought me (among other things) a kit of e-cigs for Christmas and apart from the rare 'real' fag, I've been on them ever since. Has it stopped me smoking? Nah!

Well, I'm no longer on 40/day and I feel better for not 'proper' smoking and I estimate that e-cigs are saving me £3k a year!

I use the cartridge type - not the fill up with liquid kind. I get along with them ok, but you can't beat a real fag. With e-cigs, I feel that you need a poultice on the back of your neck to get a 'hit'!

Apart from the money saving and relative health benefits, e-cigs have their advantages. No more re-decorating every few years or ash-tray breath, the car doesn't stink of fags, plus you can sneak a drag almost anywhere.

I've always got a few mains chargers on the go for my batteries and 12v car chargers for back-up.

Don't have a go at me, I know, I'm hopeless, but I'm just being honest!

BTW I hate the term vaping. Puts us in the dark alley, tin foil druggy brigade.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There is a lot of scaremongering on passive vaping. The conclusion of the following link to research is
"In conclusion, the levels of nicotine absorbed from “passive vaping” are not only harmless but do not even produce any biological effect (not even heart rate acceleration). Considering the possibility that allowing e-cigarette use in public places may motivate smokers to switch to e-cigarette use, there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places."
Broken Link Removed
Nice idea wanderinggyp but you know as well as I that it will never happen...smoking in public places that is......:)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

apart from your post not being in line with rule 1 , may I suggest that after your read rule 1 , that you then do some research into the contents of the liquid that is used in Vaping .

Reffering to people who vape as "lepers" is offensive

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Buttons -You've missed the point! Not advocating smoking in public places, passive smoking IS a danger to others -you've misread the conclusion - there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places." We are talking e-cigarettes and vaping NOT cigarettes and smoking!!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Laird of Dunstan -You've missed the point! Not advocating smoking in public places, passive smoking IS a danger to others -you've misread the conclusion - there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places." We are talking e-cigarettes and vaping NOT cigarettes and smoking!!
You must have read wingmans view he hates the term vaping. Puts him in the dark alley, tin foil druggy brigade. Like wingman I'll continue to refer to it as smoking which I think is it's nearest allie......:)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
You must have read wingmans view he hates the term vaping. Puts him in the dark alley, tin foil druggy brigade. Like wingman I'll continue to refer to it as smoking which I think is it's nearest allie......:)
I don't like the term vaping either but think that it's association to smoking and calling it such is too much an association. If only they hadn't called them e-cigarettes as this association just lets the anti brigade misunderstand. It is seen as the same nasty habit which it isn't and is 95% healthier.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I should have been at British American Tobaccos research facility today , its a real eye opener , they are genetically modifying the tobacco plant to make it safer , they have a long way to go , the big hitters in tobacco are heavily researching a system that heats up the tobacco instead of combusting it , then along comes the most successful alternative to cigarette smoking ever , commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes.

It is not perfect , but it is 95% safer than smoking , according to the scientists at BAT , there is 3500+ chemicals in cigarette smoking 250 0f them are known carcinogens , eCigs or vaping juice has less than 10 chemicals in it and no carcinogens , nicotine is on a par with caffeen on the addictiveness scale (forget the name of the scale )

There probably a greater chance of converting ISIS to Christianity than convincing buttons that the vapour from ecigs is less harmfull than a cows fart:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't like the term vaping either but think that it's association to smoking and calling it such is too much an association. If only they hadn't called them e-cigarettes as this association just lets the anti brigade misunderstand. It is seen as the same nasty habit which it isn't and is 95% healthier.
I think we should give that extremely misleading 95% figure a miss for now. Call them whatever you like but the outcome is the same. Exhaling noxious gasses for others to inhale. Sorry I dont see where you are getting this idea that they are different.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The difference between smoke and vapour is that smoke is the by product of combusting a material , vapour is more along the lines of steam from your kettle when you are having a brew , the electronic part of an ecig , boils the liquid , it does not set fire to it , so how can it be "smoking"

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I think we should give that extremely misleading 95% figure a miss for now. Call them whatever you like but the outcome is the same. Exhaling noxious gasses for others to inhale. Sorry I dont see where you are getting this idea that they are different.
I am keeping up with all the ongoing research - the outcome isn't the same and we are NOT exhaling noxious gases. I could give you links to many recent reputable research papers to give you the facts. just one example conclusion "
Existing evidence indicates that EC use is by far a less harmful alternative to smoking. There is no tobacco and no combustion involved in EC use; therefore, regular vapers may avoid several harmful toxic chemicals that are typically present in the smoke of tobacco cigarettes. Indeed, some toxic chemicals are released in the EC vapor as well, but their levels are substantially lower compared with tobacco smoke, and in some cases (such as nitrosamines) are comparable with the amounts found in pharmaceutical nicotine products. Surveys, clinical, chemistry and toxicology data have often been mispresented or misinterpreted by health authorities and tobacco regulators, in such a way that the potential for harmful consequences of EC use has been largely exaggerated [Broken Link Removed]. It is obvious that some residual risk associated with EC use may be present, but this is probably trivial compared with the devastating consequences of smoking. Moreover, ECs are recommended to smokers or former smokers only, as a substitute for conventional cigarettes or to prevent smoking relapse; thus, any risk should be estimated relative to the risk of continuing or relapsing back to smoking and the low efficacy of currently approved medications for smoking cessation should be taken into consideration [Moore et al. 2009;Rigotti et al. 2010; Yudkin et al. 2003]. Nonetheless, more research is needed in several areas, such as atomizer design and materials to further reduce toxic emissions and improve nicotine delivery, and liquid ingredients to determine the relative risk of the variety of compounds (mostly flavorings) inhaled. Regulations need to be implemented in order to maintain the current situation of minimal penetration of EC use in nonsmokers and youngsters, while manufacturers should be forced to provide proof for the quality of the ingredients used and to perform tests on the efficiency and safety of their products. However, any regulatory decisions should not compromise the variability of choices for consumers and should make sure that ECs are more easily accessible compared with their main competitor, the tobacco cigarette. Consumers deserve, and should make, informed decisions and research will definitely promote this. In particular, current data on safety evaluation and risk assessment of ECs is sufficient enough to avert restrictive regulatory measures as a consequence of an irrational application of the precautionary principle [Saittaet al. 2014].

ECs are a revolutionary product in tobacco harm reduction. Although they emit vapor, which resembles smoke, there is literally no fire (combustion) and no ‘fire’ (suspicion or evidence that they may be the cause for disease in a similar way to tobacco cigarettes). Due to their unique characteristics, ECs represent a historical opportunity to save millions of lives and significantly reduce the burden of smoking-related diseases worldwide."
Taken from Broken Link Removed

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

That is the same as a non driver complaining about drivers.:)

Nice idea wanderinggyp but you know as well as I that it will never happen...smoking in public places that is......:)

It isn't smoking though as defined by the legislation. It can only be stopped by individual businesses etc; stipulating there own rules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back