Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Good news indeed..
We always run two GPS units in the front..
One is used for finding fuel, gas, stops etc, while tother ( the MH Garmin ) is used for actual navigation
I would keep the Garmin and load it full of POI's :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We found our Noza Tec worked well on our recent Germany / France trip. You do have to keep an eye on it though or you will be sent on a long detour to avoid a stretch of road that you could easily drive down.

To get in to the aire at Charmes in France you have to turn down a short road with a 3.5 tonne weight limit. As our van is 4.25 tonnes the satnav would just no have it that we needed to drive down it, insisted we still had 19 miles to go even though we were actually on the aire!

Paul

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
We're three weeks into out trip and have come from central Scotland to Spain using the super cheap EBay truckers SatNav. It's been fantastic! Not a single glitch and no surprise detours at all. The Garmin is going on Gumtree when we get home. Mags

Do you have a link where you bought it from please ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Do you have a link where you bought it from please ?
There are loads on Flea bey Tom, most are the same thing. Just make sure it has the big 7 inch screen. We paid about £35 for ours (y)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
While we are on the subject of satnavs I find it a bit of a pain to have to unstick the satnav from the screen every time I want to close the blinds so I bought one of Broken Link Removed:

satnav.jpg

I find that if I put the edge of the mat under the clipboard arrangement on our Fiat dash the satnav is in just the right position and never moves.

Paul

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I find that if I put the edge of the mat under the clipboard arrangement on our Fiat dash the satnav is in just the right position and never moves.

Paul

So does the round middle part accept the suction cup Paul?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
While we are on the subject of satnavs I find it a bit of a pain to have to unstick the satnav from the screen every time I want to close the blinds so I bought one of Broken Link Removed:

View attachment 78611

Paul
That's a similar idea to the clipboard I used to use. See Here.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
So does the round middle part accept the suction cup Paul?

Yes, thats the idea. I found a not very good photo that shows the mat in place. We used it with a 7" and a 5" satnav and both were rock steady.

Paul

mat.jpg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Ours works a treat as well,but as Badknee says,the Russian lady does "Tell you off" for going quickly.
There is a problem though,ours has an echo ,i have it on Verbose,so i can here it better and seconds after she says/ORDERS that you are exceeding the speed limit comes the echo "Exceeding the speed limit"............
She repeats what she has just said,in the................ First wifes voice??? How does she do that ?. LOL
Cracking bit of kit.
Tea Bag

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
She does it twice sometimes, once when the scammera is coming up and another one when you are speeding as you approach.
Not that I ever hear that one of course. ;):LOL:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Badknee.
I only hear the second one, "Doris" (SAT-Nav),says,because i am trying to catch the vehicle in front to let them know as well. Me ? Speeding? To qualify this,(NOT the speeding) If you get caught,you have only yourself to blame,or, the Technology,that enabled a Police LWB Land Rover,to appear from behind a Cats eye on the A40 in London several years ago and give me a fixed penalty. DOH.
Me,"Where did you come from ?" answer, "Not telling LOL"
Tea Bag

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Lol T B.
@Easyliving , we have started to hang ours right at the top of the screen just to the left of the mirror to cut glare and it's brilliant. I have run the power cable from the dash under the trim on the left hand side of the screen and under the runner for the front curtain, totally out of sight and the curtains shut with it still there so result all round (y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We got fed up of at every roundabout been told " you are over the speed limit" ...HOW CAN I BE I AM ONLY DOING 20 MPH :swear2:.....so went into settings and turned her off. We are never in a hurry so not likely to be over the speed limit.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We got fed up of at every roundabout been told " you are over the speed limit" ...HOW CAN I BE I AM ONLY DOING 20 MPH :swear2:.....so went into settings and turned her off. We are never in a hurry so not likely to be over the speed limit.
Yes that's the only thing. She's nervous about the speed. Told us we should be doing 30 on a motorway. Lol

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
We have a Renault Master,that was born in Hot Pursuit module. Lucky me !! LOL
Tea Bag

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can it be loaded with third party pois and can you use lat/long co-ordinates ?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi ScotJimland.
Probably...... LOL! "It's me your talking to!!" It is capable of cooking a Sunday lunch........ If you asked it,lets just say,it gets me from A to B,so if ever i sold it on,parts of it are in "Mint" condition.(Well,the parts your on about)
Tea Bag

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Anyone figured out how to 'add' a new voice?
When we had a tomtom we were able to add HM The Queen to give us directions... "One has reached one's destination'

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Can it be loaded with third party pois and can you use lat/long co-ordinates ?
Yes and yes Jim, I think the POI's go on a card and I was told yesterday about lat/ long . Home screen- Find- More- Co-ordinates (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back