parking on northumberland coast. (1 Viewer)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, we are off on our first weekend adventure, as we have just bought our van money is tight so just want to park near beach overnight to walk the dogs, we wont be putting chairs, awning out or making a nuisance of ourselves, just a quiet couple of nights and dog walking. hope someone can help. steve and nade.:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you intend to go over to Lindesfarne (Holy Island) just before the causeway there's a small rough car park on the left, we stayed there a few years ago and it was lovely. You're not allowed to actually stay on the Island itself unfortunately.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Be careful. Camping is not allowed in the majority (if not all) of the car parks in Northumberland (including the ones mentioned above). You might get away with it but you would run the risk of a fine.
As usual, the more people ignore the restriction the more the likelihood of height barriers being erected.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Be careful. Camping is not allowed in the majority (if not all) of the car parks in Northumberland (including the ones mentioned above). You might get away with it but you would run the risk of a fine.
As usual, the more people ignore the restriction the more the likelihood of height barriers being erected.

I've overnighted in both places several times without a problem. Admittedly, the Beadnell car park was off season and I mostly arrive late, depart early but the Radcliffe spot hardly warrants the title Car Park - it's just a bit of scrub land and miles from anywhere - popular with fishermen who frequently park there overnight.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've overnighted in both places several times without a problem. Admittedly, the Beadnell car park was off season and I mostly arrive late, depart early but the Radcliffe spot hardly warrants the title Car Park - it's just a bit of scrub land and miles from anywhere - popular with fishermen who frequently park there overnight.
I don't doubt it, just giving the official line :)

Some years ago the local councils, National Trust and Natural England were becoming rather concerned over the numbers of motorhomers camping where they shouldn't in coastal areas, especially where wildlife were affected. They were hoping to discourage the practice without resorting to height barriers and I think they have succeeded by and large. If they do see a rise again, though, then they could change their minds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back