My turn to do a "gassing" thread (lol sorry) (1 Viewer)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Yes, so uhmm someone asked that people share this on facebook. I thought some of you might find it "interesting" :party::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::party2:

A dream turns to a nightmare,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,pass this on to all friends,after a whole day driving around the mountain roads on the C25 near Gerona we finally stopped and looked for a place to stopover,we couldnt find anything and as it was getting late and dark we went to a motorway services to sleep.We parked in a very well lit area at the front of the restaurant,lots of lorries and drivers around and the place open 24 hrs.We locked the cab doors from the inside,the side door being double locked as well and went to sleep.Lots of lorry engine noises and my snoring made my wife move to the side bench/bed to rest,we woke up around 8am my wife complaining of feeling drunk and really tired,then realised her bag,my shorts and her trainers were missing.The drivers door lock had been popped open,and the police think a MACE spray was used on my wife.She is very traumatised and wanted out of Spain in a hurry,at the Police station we met a Dutch MH owner who had been attacked the same night by 2 men who forced the door of his Hymer garage,the blatantly smashed a side window as he screamed at them ,grabbing his wifes bag and I.T. tablet,they are both ok ,shocked but continuing their holiday.We believed we were in a safe place ,lots of people and well lit,IT DIDNT STOP THEM !!!!!.We have returned home and i'm sure its the end of our European Adventure,PLEASE make sure you are SAFE,dont stop on these service areas.

The strangest part of this story is that there was no mention of €2000 and an ipad. If, by chance, you see someone wearing mens shorts, ladies trainers and carrying a handbag and can of mace, please contact Señor Rozzero of the Spanish police on nueve nueve nueve!

Deleted User
Drowsy wife - check
Police confirm other victims same night - check
IT tablet - check
Handbag - check
Husband snoring - check
Lorries - check

Mace - MACE!!!!!!

I think mace makes your blooming eyes sting a bit, no stingy eyes?

I call fake :cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Drowsy wife - check
Police confirm other victims same night - check
IT tablet - check
Handbag - check
Husband snoring - check
Lorries - check

Mace - MACE!!!!!!

I think mace makes your blooming eyes sting a bit, no stingy eyes?

I call fake :cooler:

Behave yourself...........sounds very nearly true......:D:whistle:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Not going to go into details as to why but I have been hit with police CS spray (similar to MACE). If you get hit by mace spray you are certainly not going to sleep through it, your eyes will stream and sting, your nose will run. Basically it feels like you've been hit in the face with a hot iron!
Best description I have ever heard, it turns you into a blubbering, bubbling snot monster! I also call fake! :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh goody........haven't had a gassing thread since our dog farted the other week after stealing the cabbage stalks out of the rubbish bin........
Oh my good God! We are all going to die!

Am I the only one that does not even bother to read this troll nonesense!:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not going to go into details as to why but I have been hit with police CS spray (similar to MACE). If you get hit by mace spray you are certainly not going to sleep through it, your eyes will stream and sting, your nose will run. Basically it feels like you've been hit in the face with a hot iron!
Best description I have ever heard, it turns you into a blubbering, bubbling snot monster! I also call fake! :D

Naught boy.....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh my good God! We are all going to die!

Am I the only one that does not even bother to read this troll nonesense!:)
Ah, but you did ... and it can be hilarious! Surely you wouldn't want to miss out on the fun!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be serious for a minute ... apart from the 'hint' at gassing the rest of the report could be true and that is something I would not wish on anyone, so the warning should be heeded regarding NOT using motorway aires.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not really, it wasn't me the copper was aiming at, wind direction etc. the copper also got the blow back, luckily his backup was standing upwind so the miscreant was arrested :D
Now that really IS a made up story if ever I heard one!!! :LOL:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
To be serious for a minute ... apart from the 'hint' at gassing the rest of the report could be true and that is something I would not wish on anyone, so the warning should be heeded regarding NOT using motorway aires.
True.. but on what planet did a policeman say they had been gassed or attacked by mace. Be much easier to have sympathy of they weren't clearly inventing at least one element of their story.

On the other hand make sure you share it on Facebook.. the more people are put off of Europe the more space there is for us..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I still have the press cutting, it was quite an event in the town! :D
... in that case ... as the copper would say "let's be having it then" ... we wanna see it!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Getting robbed on an Aire De Services is not fiction.

I was robbed on an Aire De services near Millau on the A75 a few years ago, I hadn't heard of gassing at the time, so couldn't use it as an excuse.

What I can tell you is that it isn't funny.

:cooler:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
... in that case ... as the copper would say "let's be having it then" ... we wanna see it!
Really! I'd have to go into the loft and everything, although I wouldn't mind so much reliving my wilder past, you will have to wait until 1) I can be bothered to go into the loft, and 2) I can get to a scanner, this was before the days of online news :D

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Oh goody........haven't had a gassing thread since our dog farted the other week after stealing the cabbage stalks out of the rubbish bin........

Ha Ha Ha ......

Nearly as funny as Señor Rozzero of the Spanish police ?? That makes him a Rozzer ??

I call BS on this as there is no mention of a Rolex ...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Mace wouldn't make you sleep. It's an irritant so you'd soon know if it was sprayed anywhere near you.
It's sold in France in hunting/ fishing shops and the like as personal anti attack spray. One night, too lazy to find anything else, I decided to kill a buzzing hornet in my bedroom with such a spray. Bad idea! I came off worse than the hornet. Retreated to another bedroom.
Even after washing my bedding the next day I could still smell the spray on a pillowcase and it still caused irritation.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The Spanish police say mace was used, could it have possibly been self inflicted with either, Batchelors, or Smedly's.

John.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Getting robbed on an Aire De Services is not fiction.

I was robbed on an Aire De services near Millau on the A75 a few years ago,

:cooler:

Sorry that probably me ,we stopped there quite often ,and she would insist on making egg mayo sarnies .didn't realise the fallout went that far

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@MinxyGirl firstly let me say I hate you, I am now covered in cobwebs, but on the plus side I found a bunch of cool stuff in the loft that I had forgotten about. However, here is the press clipping from the walton and weybridge informer, dated Feb 19, 1999, I was working the door that night! :D
IMG_0522.JPG

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
come on I just finished my driver cpc I was siting next to a gassing victim I promptly opened my lap top and drew the victims attention to this :Eeek:
Link Removed
he remained adamant to the end :rofl:the best part of five min ended up in discussion on the subject
bill

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's it, motorhome career over.

I cannot put my wife at risk any longer.

Anyone want to buy a superb Burstner ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Mrs Badknee works for the NHS and is a theatre sister. She has mentioned the gassing threads to the anaesthetic doctors and they are convinced it's absolute nonsense and the lack of control would wake you up being sick or kill you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back