Best route to southern spain (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Going to Almeria southern Spain in March decided to go Calais would like some info on quickest but off toll roads please

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Dunkirk/Calais, Abbeville, Rouen,Evreux, Dreux, Chartres,Chateaudun,Vendome, Tours,Chatellerault, Poitiers,
Angoloume, then around Bordeaux on to E72 & down to Langdon,on to A65/E7 down to Pau & then around to Oloron - Sainte-Marie then down to Jaca using Sm Port tunnel on to Sabiñango then Huesca, Zaragoza,on to Teruel on A23/N330 & continue to Sagunt then towards Valenci on AT/E15 & bypass & on to LÁlcudia & at Xativa bear righ on A35 & at La Font De la Figuera continue on the N344 which brings you on to the A31 & follow that down until it rejoins the A7/E15 again. You can then continue on this to Murcia where you exit right continuing on the A7/E15 towards Andalucia. After Lorca ,at Puerto Lumbreras you then have the choice of continuing in to Almeria, the region , using either the top or bottom motorways . If actually going to Almeria City then the lower coast one is ideal.
All the above is free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Two good response from above. Martin's route is well known as the N10 route and I use it all the time. The other is also popular but requires good road conditions as snow and Ice can be a problem,
Even quicker if you do it on a Sat& Sunday as no HGV's on route.
I tend to hit Bordeaux and continue down the A63 Motorway towards Irun. Leaving at Jct 18 rejoining at 17 to avoid toll fares (about 10-12€). I overnight in Saint Geours de Maremne then rejoin the A63 and pay the last two tolls (5-6€ in total) then join the N-121-A at the Spanish border. My total toll fare for France is as follows:
Abbeville 2.5
A13-Rouen-Paris 3.1
Tours-Jct. 19-23 1.8
Bordeaux - A63. 2.7
Bordeaux - A63. Castets 3.4
Bordeaux - A63. 2.6
The above gets me through Rouen (the easy way) and onto the A13 motorway to start the N10 route and the rest is fairly self explanatory. (If you want detail just pm me.)
I use two stops in France, Chateaudun and Saint Geours de Maremne.
This route is all motorway/dual carriageway apart from one long section of around 100 miles and even that is easily managed (Hence the well known N10 route).
Spain is all toll free for me and almost all motorway. The route you want is in this attachment. Better still, your Sat Nav should work it out for you. Again if you want more detail send me a pm.
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm
Safe Journey.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Dunkirk/Calais, Abbeville, Rouen,Evreux, Dreux, Chartres,Chateaudun,Vendome, Tours,Chatellerault, Poitiers,
Angoloume, then around Bordeaux on to E72 & down to Langdon,on to A65/E7 down to Pau & then around to Oloron - Sainte-Marie then down to Jaca using Sm Port tunnel on to Sabiñango then Huesca, Zaragoza,on to Teruel on A23/N330 & continue to Sagunt then towards Valenci on AT/E15 & bypass & on to LÁlcudia & at Xativa bear righ on A35 & at La Font De la Figuera continue on the N344 which brings you on to the A31 & follow that down until it rejoins the A7/E15 again. You can then continue on this to Murcia where you exit right continuing on the A7/E15 towards Andalucia. After Lorca ,at Puerto Lumbreras you then have the choice of continuing in to Almeria, the region , using either the top or bottom motorways . If actually going to Almeria City then the lower coast one is ideal.
All the above is free.

How many mile mate please ? Roughly ?

We are travelling in January... Just cant bring myself to take the long ferry to Santander... Well not since reading Jim's post about his rough crossing....... I get sick looking over the harbour wall !

What are peoples thoughts on this drive in Janaury ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I always use the N10 route end of December beginning of January and have never had a problem with snow or ice particularly at the bottom end.
Have never used the Eastern route in winter but have done in the summer. Some big climbs to contend with and would strongly advise to check whether before attempting and have alternative route in case of snow /ice.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How many mile mate please ? Roughly ?

We are travelling in January... Just cant bring myself to take the long ferry to Santander... Well not since reading Jim's post about his rough crossing....... I get sick looking over the harbour wall !

What are peoples thoughts on this drive in Janaury ?
2082kms so about 1250 miles from Dunkirk to my house here in Lorca using that route. Add another 105 miles to Almeria city.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Been on A75 in january in minus 20 and heavy snow...no problems,,they try very hard to keep this route open. BUSBY.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There are some cameras along the route that you can access via Internet.
I have been over the pyrenees just after boxing day and it's been 15 degrees c!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back