ncc approved workshop sheme - spain and portugal (1 Viewer)

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Are there any such approved places in spain and portugal?

The reason I ask is that I have a 2 1/2 yr old autotrail , first registered on the 1st March 2013. Autotrail require that the habitation check is done yearly, plus or minus 30 days from date of first registration.

I intend to go out to spain and portugal from Jan 16 through to May 16.

Have spoken to them today and I offered to get two hab checks done , one in Dec 15 and one on my return in May 16, in order to keep up the 10 yr water ingress warranty. Their reply was a resounding NO and require Hab check around date of first registration.

I cant be the only funster with this problem.

Are there any NCC approved workshops or mobile fitters out in spain and portugal so I can get a hab check done.

Thanks

Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks,,
You have answered a question for me that I was going to ask of Autotrail..
I am in a similar position, registered 12th Jan so usually I have the hab check done in December, however this always stops me from going away pre-Christmas. MOT I know is not an issue, can do that anytime.

For a company building motorhomes that people will travel in they are not very flexible.. :(
SHAME ON YOU AUTOTRAIL.. :mad:

Oh well, I will jsu have to have me DAMP sorry HAB check done at it's usual time.. :whistle:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As has been said, they are very short sighted as to the terms, or to put it another way total pricks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

The reason I ask is that I have a 2 1/2 yr old autotrail , first registered on the 1st March 2013. Autotrail require that the habitation check is done yearly, plus or minus 30 days from date of first registration.

Have spoken to them today and I offered to get two hab checks done , one in Dec 15 and one on my return in May 16, in order to keep up the 10 yr water ingress warranty. Their reply was a resounding NO and require Hab check around date of first registration.

Are there any NCC approved workshops or mobile fitters out in spain and portugal so I can get a hab check done.

Thanks

Thanks

friendly & flexible aren't they not! I was allowed to do this with my german van years back:rolleyes:

sounds like any excuse to get out of a waranty to me....:censored:

write to a director ASAP

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
write to a director ASAP

WHY.. ??
Sat in front of one having a coffee at the factory, I gave feedback, not moans..
Nothing done about things ie the rusty steel door locks are still fitted 2 years later.. etc

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
WHY.. ??
Sat in front of one having a coffee at the factory, I gave feedback, not moans..
Nothing done about things ie the rusty steel door locks are still fitted 2 years later.. etc

well if situation that bad probably not worth bothering with. but if people dont complain and try and change attitudes everything remains the same.....

emails get ignored a letter has to be replied to. you then have evidence of an unreasonable warrenty condition

worth a punt:
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-an-unfair-term-in-my-contract-what-can-i-do-

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Thanks

Thanks

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Try this phone no,,0044789183836. Ask for Clive. He is authorised for most caravans but not sure about motorhomes. He is usually in Spain in the winter, France in the summer.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The National Caravan Council (NCC) is a UK organisation so I would not expect them to oversee workshops in other countries. If the van was sold by dealers in other countries they would be the best (after the manufacturer) to consult. Mobile fitters abroad also would not be NCC approved, so they may do a Habitation Check but it would be no different to your proposal of having two checks done.

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Try this phone no,,0044789183836. Ask for Clive. He is authorised for most caravans but not sure about motorhomes. He is usually in Spain in the winter, France in the summer.

Can you check number - i get number not recognised

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
The National Caravan Council (NCC) is a UK organisation so I would not expect them to oversee workshops in other countries. If the van was sold by dealers in other countries they would be the best (after the manufacturer) to consult. Mobile fitters abroad also would not be NCC approved, so they may do a Habitation Check but it would be no different to your proposal of having two checks done.

I am hoping there is a british mobile NCC approved person plying his trade in spain/portugal during the winter. This would then suffice for me and meet Autotrails requirements

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
http://eurocaravanengineer.com/
Couple of yrs back I used Andy of costablancamotorhome services.He seems to have branched out into bigger things now-but I found this on his RV storage site.

Thanks for above. I knew funsters would have an answer. Spoken with them already and problem sorted

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@busby
There are not enough numbers . Only nine + code . Should be 10 left when the first zero is removed
Can you check number - i get number not recognised

yes not enough numbers.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

The Mobile Fitter who's no i gave is approved by a few uk manufacturers ..BUSBY

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
The Mobile Fitter who's no i gave is approved by a few uk manufacturers ..BUSBY

Thanks @busby . I have it confirmed in writing (from head of Autotrail Customer Service Manager) that Euro Caravan Services is approved by Autotrail to carry out the annual habitation check and we will use them at Camping Los Gallardos, nr Mojacar in February.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back