Yipee Got there in the end (1 Viewer)

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Well we picked our Adria up from Chelston yesterday, wont say it didnt have its problems in that they had forgotten to do just about everything and they had no gas :( but hey its all about what they do to resolve it and bar a couple things it should be in hand when we return.

Today we visited powerider and picked up a couple fold away electric bikes for the garage then headed up to Chertsey for the night. Its our first in our new holiday home and so far were loving it.

Tomorrow were heading off to Legoland to collect our merlin annual pases and spend the day then probably head back towards home and look for somewhere to wild camp on the way.

Thanks to everyone for advice and guidance along they way, cant belive were finally here, some two months after having put the deposit down on the van.

Kevin & Lisa

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the bits they didnt do were writen into the contract......werent they?

never could understand how they can 'forget' to do jobs that are listed to do.

anyway....enjoy it. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Yes i have the paperwork showing what was requested, they missed the accesories and gas which has now been resolved, the only outstanding items are carpets which i have an e-mail saying they have ordered and will send direct to home and the weight upgrade, they said they cant do it until adria send the new plate from the factory plus they need the log book back from taxing it Monday with my details before they can do it, so I hope they dont try and wriggle out of it but hey we will see.

To be fair they forgot to put the bottles of gas in and had run out bar some 3.9 cylinders so gave them to me foc and said when they get a delivery just pop them back in and they will change them for larger cylinders with me just paying for the gas, they included the bottle deposit as a gesture of goodwill. Like i say we all screw up just so long as they sort it in the end.

Biggest laugh was the argument with the guy doing the handover saying they couldnt tax it for next month as the insurance hadnt arrived, after four or five yes it has, no it hasnt I finally gave in and said yes it has, if you cast your mind back I came in last weekend and gave it to YOU in a big white envelope, with my name, reg and handover date. He swallowed hard and found the envelope in the same place as he put it a week ago :( so they ended up giving me a cheque and completed form and getting me to do it monday lol.

Still lets hope things get better from here forwards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hey kevin and lisa,

thats not as bad as if first sounded.

just thought for 1 minute we had another 'couldnt care less now we have your money' type dealer but looks like i was wrong.

only inconvenience i can see now is having to take the bottles back to them when you need a refill.
saying that most calor dealers will change bottles for another size FOC except 47kg ones (must be a bigger deposit on 'em)

have fun in your new 'home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back