autocruise help (1 Viewer)

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Hi all i am a new member and have just bought a autocruise jazz 2010 from a very large dealer about 4 weeks ago. When they power washed it some paint came off the bonnet which was then resprayed and is very good, problem is the roof has started to peel at the front has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution. The van is going back to the dealers on tuesday and it would be nice to talk to them in a manner that sounds as if i know what i am talking about. The van is a mwb silver pvc. your help would be appreciated. sonny

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hmmm, question. Was the paint peeling before the power wash? Is the van a factory finish silver? Are there any white bits showing anywhere?
The reason I ask is that the van could have had an aftermarket respray and the roofline may not have been prepared properly (99% prep, 1% spray) and is peeling now because of it, the cheapest colour is white because their are millions of them and the pigment is cheaper I am reliably informed. Both are high impact places and may have been "blown over" to cover stone chips?

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Hi did'nt notice it when i picked the van up, looks like the original paint job the paint is coming off just above the windscreen and also started to peel a bit further back showing underneath a off white which i think is plastic or glassfibre it is a peugeot boxer base vehicle i dont think it is stone chipping.
It is a low mileage at 13000 mls but a lot of owners. cheers sonny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Peugeot ?? Fiat ?? It might help ?

It's a paint problem so it's virtually impossible to say without seeing the vehicle. But it's a vehicle problem rather then a van problem if you see what I mean.

Take it to a body shop and see what they say.

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
It's a Peugeot boxer 2010 mwb in silver am taking in to dealer tomorrow and I don't want them to just patch it in as that will not cure the problem

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
There's been many paint problems with the x250, more so with the metallic finishes peeling off. I owned one which started on the roof and spread to other areas which had to be re-sprayed. I also experienced split roof seams which let in water.

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Yes the peeling is mainly above the front windscreen and down the offside by the seam the body shop reckons poor preparation and spraying so the 11 other niggles are being done now at the dealership then into the body shop on mon hopefully then alright.

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
all done now hopefully, 2 visits to paint shop 4 visits to dealers, so off to spain portugal spain for about 6 months (if we can stand the heat) leave plymouth tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I think back to dealers when we get back
fridge packing up freezer defrosted food ruined marquiz have a lot to answer for.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not a motorhome, but I have had the same with a brand new 4x4. the paint just started peeling like it had not stuck to the base coat. the only solution is a total respray including loads and loads of prep to remove faulty paint. the main dealer contacted the factory who confirmed a bad batch sprayed by faulty robots

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A vehicle with faulty paint should be rejected and a replacement sought.. A car loses its originality when paint is done..
mine was a special order so a bit to complicated to reject plus having to wait for a replacement to be built. I was given the dealership's demonstrator vehicle for about 10 days. so it wasnt a major issue. Paintjob when returned was better than the factory finish so didnt devalue the vehicle

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
mine was a special order so a bit to complicated to reject plus having to wait for a replacement to be built. I was given the dealership's demonstrator vehicle for about 10 days. so it wasnt a major issue. Paintjob when returned was better than the factory finish so didnt devalue the vehicle
They will have put plenty of effort into it to make sure it didn't happen again.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A vehicle with faulty paint should be rejected and a replacement sought.. A car loses its originality when paint is done..
Good luck with that one :LOL:(y):(:D
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have rejected a vehicle with bad paint. It was a brand new Mini Cooper S back on 2003. I refused to accept repairs to the car and rejected it with no problems whatsoever... :LOL:(y):(:D:D:D
The difference between a M/H and a car is the converter blames the the base vehicle and the base vehicle maker blames the converter -Not as easy ;)
terry

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I think back to dealers when we get back
fridge packing up freezer defrosted food ruined marquiz have a lot to answer for.
I thought Marquis was an approved workshop?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back