Free Member
Jan 16, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Cathargo m liner
Exp
2 years
I don't often look at this site as it appears to be more of a chat line,than a site used to share experiences and gather information the posting about the dog fouling is somewhat typical.

If people have nothing better to post than look at the dog mess perhaps they should start a site just to deal with this subject?

We are dog owners who pick up after our dog and she causes absolutely no problems to anyone in fact I carnt remember the last time she sat on the next door pitch drinking and talking loudly until 2-00 in the morning keeping others around them awake.

I don't remember when she last left litter all over the beach and campsite and let's her kids run wild in and out of other peoples areas swearing and blinding whilst her parents get slowly drunk all day.

Perhaps we could share our experiences of good and bad camp sites and places to visit,the best routes to destinations, instead of just posting stories about dog pooh

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Yes there is quite a lot of crap (not always from a dogs bum) on here and also a lot of informative threads that help others learn new things.
It can't possibly please everyone all of the time but the title usually gives an idea of the content in the thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If people have nothing better to post than look at the dog mess perhaps they should start a site just to deal with this subject?
Or, perhaps, if some motorhomers stopped refusing to clean up after their dogs then the subject would not arise as it would no longer be relevant :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If, as you suggest, the forums are confined to motorhome related item only then the forum would die within weeks.

You maybe havent realised, as you posted this thread in 'motorhome chat', there are many sub forums for different subjects within the motorhomefun website.

This thread may have been better suited to the 'U shaped lounge' where the topics are anything EXCEPT motorhome related items.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I don't often look at this site as it appears to be more of a chat line,than a site used to share experiences and gather information the posting about the dog fouling is somewhat typical.

We are dog owners who pick up after our dog and she causes absolutely no problems to anyone in fact I carnt remember the last time she sat on the next door pitch drinking and talking loudly until 2-00 in the morning keeping others around them awake.

I don't remember when she last left litter all over the beach and campsite and let's her kids run wild in and out of other peoples areas swearing and blinding whilst her parents get slowly drunk all day.

Perhaps we could share our experiences of good and bad camp sites and places to visit,the best routes to destinations, instead of just posting stories about dog pooh

You come on complaining about people talking about dog mess then proceed to talk about dog mess ?

Have you considered starting a forum to deal with that subject ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I find that if a thread is titled "dog pooh" I have a choice to click or not to click.

I also read all motorhome related posts, so post away.

Martin

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
:):)There are a few threads that do keep cropping up because they bother a lot of us. I'm sure that if you looked at the site regularly your opinion would change. There are loads of really useful posts and when a funster is in trouble it never ceases to amaze me how many people come to the rescue with offers of help, some travel miles to help one another. There have been some tragedies as well and the outpourings of genuine concern are incredible. Give us a chance before you base your opinion on one or two threads. You don't have to even read those.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Perhaps we could share our experiences of good and bad camp sites and places to visit,the best routes to destinations,
ukcampsite already does this

instead of just posting stories about dog pooh
You just did

Trick is to just ignore subjects / threads that don't interest you.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It seems you've been unlucky in the threads you've read @Huddersfield123 , there's lots of really useful information & advice if you carefully choose the bits you want to read. Maybe, like me, you could just ignore the threads with titles you're not interested in, and pick the ones you are?
Just as an example, just a very few of the very many questions I've had help with in the 18 months I've been a member:
  • broken down fridge while on Anglesey
  • excellent deal on a dash-cam (organised by a MHF member)
  • parking sites (website run by a MHF member)
  • introduced to BritStops
  • set up with a house/pet sitting holiday
  • advice on shorter MHs
  • what the "UP" function on my MH is and when I should use it
  • good sites in specific areas
  • travelling abroad
  • preventing &/or getting rid of mice etc
  • preventing damp
  • many many electrickery questions
  • insurance, full-timing, MH cleaning inside & out, solar power, one-pot cooking, rallies & meets ..... etc etc etc
You'll also find that there's lots of personal help & support offered by Funsters: eg items being delivered on behalf of other Funsters, experienced Funsters fixing other people's broken down bits at meets and sites, offers of drive-space for MH & driver when partner in hospital, etc etc etc

And then there's the jokes, quizzes and banter that you don't seem to want - that's fine, no problem there! Check out the Forum Home page for more ideas and you'll see that among the fun of FUN, there is a huge amount of constructive stuff going on.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/

Try another visit, have a good look around; it's a nice place to be.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I cant recall how much brilliant advice I've had since joining this forum not long ago..

If I read a thread that doesn't interest me I have the choice to reply or not....

We simply cant avoid certain subjects like dog s hite or Aframes but just ignore them if they are of no interest.

Dog threads I ignore as they dont concern me till a dog s hites near me. A frame threads I cant resist though as its just too much FUN...............:D:D:D

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Oh come on guys - this thread is already boring. If you really want to talk about dog crap (again) then let's get motivated................................ I think that dogs should be banned from all campsites as all they do is poo and bark and usually do it on their neighbours pitch! Bloody pests. And..... most dog keepers don't pick up. :)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
they have....train them to use a litter tray as puppies and you can transfer that to using the shower tray. simple and hygenic to keep clean

Don't you find that it squelches up between your toes when you stand in the shower?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Don't you find that it squelches up between your toes when you stand in the shower?
all the more reason to pick up the turds and pop them in the loo. then use showerhead and some disinfectant
have had the pleasure of warm stinky poo oozing between my toes, and although disgusting was not an unpleasant sensation. puppies have a bad habbit of pooing where ever before fully housetrained, but its all part of living with a dog. little difference with children

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
they have....train them to use a litter tray as puppies and you can transfer that to using the shower tray. simple and hygenic to keep clean
But surely it squidges between your toes while showering.

Ooops....jumped in without reading all the posts first.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Do you mean Reading?

It's not so bad, I lived there for a couple of years.
LOL.... Made me chuckle that did !

It would help if ALL posters actually put the subject in the title. This would save me opening a post like this only to find it is about dogs and their poo
I know Andy, and it's a shame not to 'bait the thread' when we go to the bother of reading it !

Contrary to OP misgivings, this MH forum has all the knowledge regarding motorhoming ( and dog crap) we ever need and folk willing to help.
If we get a laugh along the way then it's a bonus.
Choose what we need and carry on.
Broad shoulders and have the Mickey taken is all part of the course.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A gentle reminder..

Fun Rules OK :) http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/pages/terms/

When posting, DO NOT give your topic a title of: “Help me please!” “I need help!” “I have a question” “Big problem!” “Problems Urgent!” BE SPECIFIC in choosing a title for your post. "Campsite Near Oxford" or "12v Televisions" etc. That way you are guaranteed to get a proper response

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back