Soon to be proud owner of a motorhome (1 Viewer)

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Everyone,

After hiring a truck on two occasions for our summer holiday we've decided to take the plunge, saddle ourselves with debt and become an owner.

We have just spent a very pleasant, and frequently bewildering few weeks looking at what seems like every dealers stock in the South-East of England before finally deciding today what our preferred layout and budget is to be. So the deposit is paid and now I cannot wait!

We've found this site extremelly helpful during our search and look forward to continuing to find answers, and hopefully provide some as our experience grows.

One immediate question though, based on our two stints in a hired vehicle. Is the waving thing compulsory, and should it be a frantic wave, or just a simple raising of the hand from the steering wheel?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi an welcome to the site, don't forget to check out the chatroom, Quiz on thursday nights. Waving is not compulsory but ignore me at your peril, hee hee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Welcome to Fun:thumb:

You can create your own style of wave, its real nice to exchange waves:winky:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
One immediate question though, based on our two stints in a hired vehicle. Is the waving thing compulsory, and should it be a frantic wave, or just a simple raising of the hand from the steering wheel?

The waving thing is compulsory and as frantic as you want :welcome:

Ralph & Dot

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Hi tucker

I've just been through that horrible nervous time you're now going through whilst waiting to get delivery. The grin factor is worth the wait! ::bigsmile:

Good luck and enjoy! :thumb:

Paul

OP
OP
T

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
:welcome: from me too. Whereabouts in Kent ?
Hi Dylan,

Just off the M2, near junction 6 - closest town is Faversham.

Wow! What a great bunch - thanks everyone for the welcome. Mrs Tucker will take to the waving straight away as she drives a Land Rover Defender and they are also prone to exchanging waves as they pass, it's either that or she's knows A LOT of Farmer types - LOL.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome tucker_j... you are about to embark on a brilliant life style adventure which will bring you great joy!! Congratulations.

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
crazylazy

I didn't even drive one before I bought one! ..I just knew it had to be fun....I have had mine about 4/5 weeks been out ovenight in it twice,this weekend I am off to Canterbury..lovely site staff are very helpful....Canterbury Council has also made available an area for motorhomes.

I love Motorhomefun the best tonic of the day is logging in and feeling part of the family.....I feel as though I have been a member for years......I know you will enjoy it...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back