CARTHAGO STAND - NEC SHOW, Funsters Offer! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
A number of the vans on the Carthago Stand at the NEC show are owned by a large UK Carthago dealer that has given me FIRST REFUSAL for FUNSTERS on their purchase for the limited period up till mid day latest ( Tuesday) of the first Day of the show . Please PM me if you are seriously interested in a purchase of a Carthago with your particular choice of model and I will tell you if it’s available – I will then confirm a price for you from the Dealer well in advance of the show, who will reserve this vehicle for your refusal or purchase on the stand in the usual way.

I am promised that you will be getting a quoted price that should be extremely competitive . I have already committed myself to the purchase of a vehicle which I have specified and can assure you that having got quotes from all the others is by far the best and furthermore very close to what I would have paid by personally importing it myself.

To give us a taste for these good deals – this dealer has immediately made available:

Carthago c-tourer T143 Brand new in the showroom discounted to us at £59,995 - those seriously looking will know what a great deal that is! - PM me if you want it?

Chris.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
A number of the vans on the Carthago Stand at the NEC show are owned by a large UK Carthago dealer that has given me FIRST REFUSAL for FUNSTERS on their purchase for the limited period up till mid day latest ( Tuesday) of the first Day of the show . Please PM me if you are seriously interested in a purchase of a Carthago with your particular choice of model and I will tell you if it’s available – I will then confirm a price for you from the Dealer well in advance of the show, who will reserve this vehicle for your refusal or purchase on the stand in the usual way.

I am promised that you will be getting a quoted price that should be extremely competitive . I have already committed myself to the purchase of a vehicle which I have specified and can assure you that having got quotes from all the others is by far the best and furthermore very close to what I would have paid by personally importing it myself.

To give us a taste for these good deals – this dealer has immediately made available:

Carthago c-tourer T143 Brand new in the showroom discounted to us at £59,995 - those seriously looking will know what a great deal that is! - PM me if you want it?

Chris.
Hi Chris
What's the discount % on the van you've quoted as an example?

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Call me sceptical but with the strong pound I find hard to believe they can get anywhere near a personal import price,unless they're doing the paperwork !

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi Chris,
Do they do part exchange if i was interested?
Nigel

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Chris,
Do they do part exchange if i was interested?
Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Yes they do - with my order they have given me a trade in price on my existing van which is a bit less than I paid for it in May privately but I have the option to sell it privately before I take delivery of the Carthago - to be honest I might just let them have it without the hastle of selling privately.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Thanks for that Chris, am going to the show with a view to have a look at Cathargo plus other makes as am a bit undecided as to which brand to purchase it's just a pity that I haven't made that decision yet

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks for that Chris, am going to the show with a view to have a look at Cathargo plus other makes as am a bit undecided as to which brand to purchase it's just a pity that I haven't made that decision yet

Have a look at the thread "Hymer or Carthago" on here - its very informative and might help you. This dealer sells other Brands as well and am sure we can get a good deal for you on another make if you go that way.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
New models all launched at Dusseldorf a few weeks ago so anything in the dealers needs to shift before it becomes last years model so sure there will be discounts to be had. One thing to bear in mind if you buy from a dealer well out of your area is that you might have a lot of travelling to get serice/warranty work done.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So they re on mobile.de for about £51K I would imagine at this time of year you could screw a bit more out of them as they will be trying to get rid of the 2015's as Martin says.

Dont know about the specs on the UK one but these seem to be 150hp on heavy chassis.

BUT, if you were buying a carthago, why wouldnt you go for an a A class and enjoy the extra space better view and a drop down bed if you wanted one?

Jon

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
So they re on mobile.de for about £51K I would imagine at this time of year you could screw a bit more out of them as they will be trying to get rid of the 2015's as Martin says.

Dont know about the specs on the UK one but these seem to be 150hp on heavy chassis.

BUT, if you were buying a carthago, why wouldnt you go for an a A class and enjoy the extra space better view and a drop down bed if you wanted one?

Jon

Indeed........the A class in a different league. You can order 2016 models since August. Just make sure they have at least the 3 main packs? Chassis, comfort, media. Personally would not be interested in rhd anyway whatever the price. Still look expensive compared to an import particularly if not a 2016 model

51 for sale on mobile.de from approx £48,000 on the road here. With so much stock and a bit if hard negotiation a good deal could be had, but again would much prefer the A class:)

Last edited:

Huddersfield123

Free Member
Jan 16, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Cathargo m liner
Exp
2 years
We have an M Liner which is now 6 years old it is a fantastic MH but the reason I purchased it was for the headroom and space ( being 6ft 7 inch tall) ours is only a 2 berth and has every luxury you could want. On saying this it is 8m long and 3.5m high and this causes problems when selecting campsites, going to the supermarkets,filling up with fuel, (15 mpg) and having to de- camp if you want get out and about whilst on holiday.

We have got over this this year by adding a little car ( on an A Frame with no problems) to tow behind. The fuel consumption stayed the same but it turns the combined length of the two into 13 meters.

We have looked at upgrading to a new one on two occasions but we only have 30,000 miles on ours and it's almost as good as new.

I think a new one is about £150k ( with no extras) so if you are getting 25% of that and you are buying for around £115k you will be buying in my opinion the best MH on the market

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you buy from a UK dealer, service and warranty will be easier as some UK Carthago dealers refuse to support vans they didn't sell

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just pop into Belgium dealer when going on holiday for yearly checks etc....and get proper service at a fair price

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New models all launched at Dusseldorf a few weeks ago so anything in the dealers needs to shift before it becomes last years model so sure there will be discounts to be had.

Well - the only changes that Carthago have made from the 2015 models to the 2016 models is restricted to just the s plus and the e line models. The c-tourer T143 offered to us is a 2015 model - identical to the 2016 model - just checked out with Carthago dealer (who will be on the stand at NEC).

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That may well be true but if they wish to keep the Franchise they will not be able to refuse I'm afraid.
The sad reality though is that some do refuse
And I can't imagine any manufacturer is going to dump a long term trading partner if they are selling loads of vans

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
QUOTE="canopus, post: 1573693, member: 14552"]Would be interested what price a Chic S Plus with the Iveco 3.0L (205 HP) and new ZF8 Auto Gearbox would be ?[/QUOTE]

I have sent you a PM with details.

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Indeed........the A class in a different league. You can order 2016 models since August. Just make sure they have at least the 3 main packs? Chassis, comfort, media.

I would agree with you there - however there are many who do prefer and could only afford a c class.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would agree with you there - however there are many who do prefer and could only afford a c class.

Difference in price model for model approx £5k. For that you get a lighter, nicer to drive, shorter, far better insulated van with an additional drop down bed (lounge can be used while bed down as well!) the devil in the detail.......

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Difference in price model for model approx £5k. For that you get a lighter, nicer to drive, shorter, far better insulated van with a drop down bed...
We certainly would not go back to a coach built again......... the view from the A class driving position is so much better for looking down on tattooed surfing dudes in their VW campers..;)

No surfing dudes or indeed VW campers were hurt in the making of this post

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
To those that have sent me a PM - I've answered them now - thanks.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Sent you a pm on as would like a quote on a chic e line 51 qb LHD, 3.0ltr engine. not sure on what else as need to know the cost first and p/x against my 64 plate autotrail delaware.

Thanks

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sent you a pm on as would like a quote on a chic e line 51 qb LHD, 3.0ltr engine. not sure on what else as need to know the cost first and p/x against my 64 plate autotrail delaware.

Thanks

8 on mobile.de from £84000 (before negotiations)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
8 on mobile.de from £84000 (before negotiations)
No good for me as need to p/x as i then need to sell mine privately which can be done just more hassle. I am also concerned on warranty as there are a few posts on the forum around dealers refusing to do warranty work if not purchased from them. I had it on a new Elddis i brought in 2014 from Hull with dealers local to me refusing to take on any warranty work. Taking this back to europe for warranty work will be out of the question, some people i am sure will find it no problem but for me, work always gets in the way.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No good for me as need to p/x as i then need to sell mine privately which can be done just more hassle. I am also concerned on warranty as there are a few posts on the forum around dealers refusing to do warranty work if not purchased from them. I had it on a new Elddis i brought in 2014 from Hull with dealers local to me refusing to take on any warranty work. Taking this back to europe for warranty work will be out of the question, some people i am sure will find it no problem but for me, work always gets in the way.

if the warranty work you are worrying about was serious it would have to go back to Germany anyway, minor issues can be sorted by post or getting work done here and sending them bill. Where there's a will there's a way:)

Maybe your reticence derives from the appalling service and build quality you have experienced in the UK...

If you insist on buying an in stock van in UK check the build date!:cautious:

For some odd reason autotrail popular here should be straightforward to sell on...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back