Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Mine would be the king size mattress topper that we bought at IKEA .we used it for a short time in the house then stored away until one day after a bad week of restless nights on cheap foam filled bedding, constantly falling into the gap between 2 separate single foam cushions. i started searching on Ebay for a foam memory mattress then thought ! we have a mattress topper in the loft already. i dragged it out at once .It fitted perfectly in our overhead bed and has made the biggest difference , no more sleepless nights just bliss
This topper is not the foam memory type but similar to a regular mattress but only 2" thick This to me is the best improvement to our van::bigsmile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We now use two XL Sleeping bags zipped together instead of sheets/duvet. Bed is much easier to make up now after a few glasses of wine.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tincan

Free Member
Sep 10, 2007
Funster No
Prevention better than cure

When emptying waste down the sink, filter everything through a sieve and only allow water down the drain. This leaves only liquid to be dumped and less chance of solids forming in clumps leaving smells. The sieve can be emptied in the bin.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Two for the price of one.

Tip 1: Hide a spare ignition key (and alarm fob) somewhere inside or outside your motorhome where no one will find it.

Tip 2: Don't post on this thread where you hide your spare ignition key::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The best tip ever-tell other motorhomers about this site:thumb::thumb:

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
take a screwdriver to remove and replace vent covers. our first mistake on our first trip out.

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
A sensible one........ this last weekend i rolled the van off the ramps without checking first and smashed a bottle of red wine on the carpet...doh.. when we got home wife put the carpets in the bath soaking them in cold water and the stain was gone after a short while:thumb:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Our RV is on permanent hook-up at home so I put some ice cubes in a tuppawear container in the freezer. Everytime before we go away I look in the container and if I find that the cubes have turned in to one solid mass of ice then I know that at some point the freezer has defrosted and froze up again which tells me that the frozen food now needs to be discarded.

Pammy

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Our RV is on permanent hook-up at home so I put some ice cubes in a tuppawear container in the freezer. Everytime before we go away I look in the container and if I find that the cubes have turned in to one solid mass of ice then I know that at some point the freezer has defrosted and froze up again which tells me that the frozen food now needs to be discarded.

Pammy

i had to think a little but that is clever:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
A sensible one........ this last weekend i rolled the van off the ramps without checking first and smashed a bottle of red wine on the carpet...doh.. when we got home wife put the carpets in the bath soaking them in cold water and the stain was gone after a short while:thumb:

Should have just poured white wine on it :thumb:

My top tip is: if your grey tank is full and you want to empty it later (cos its late or your too idol.................open your backwater valve and your grey tank and syphon some into your black tank (or vic versa) :thumb:

Boo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
My top tip is: if your grey tank is full and you want to empty it later (cos its late or your too idol.................open your backwater valve and your grey tank and syphon some into your black tank (or vic versa) :thumb:

Boo

I guess that's only practical if you have three valves.. one on each tank and a main dump valve..

Mine only has one on each tank with a common outlet, I could blank it off , but that would leave a lot of black stuff in the outlet line which would pour out when you removed the blank before dumping .. :Doh:

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
To avoid driving off with mains cable still attched

To prevent the possibility of driving off with the electricity mains cable still attached to the van, I place a small flower pot, marked with a 'lightning flash' over the gear lever whenever I connect the mains cable.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: Hi all I agree with all the previous posts :thumb: but the best one I know is build your own van :thumb: no one to blame then if it goes wrong :ROFLMAO: except yourself :thumb:::bigsmile:
If you forget to pack something remember there will be shops nearby :thumb: ENJOY & get using your van :thumb::thumb:
terry

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Fairy Power

For those stubborn sticky labels on the bottom of melamine dishes / plastic objects that you just cant get off :Doh::Doh: try the Fairy Power Spray its magic, also good for cleaning the oven and everything else too ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
get the Motorhomes Check List Book. Bloody marvellous

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
my top tip is always have a candle on board,now don't get the wrong idea.
Can be used for sticky curtain tracks.
Squeaky cupboard and locker hinges.
Draw runners and the channel on your roll out awning
and also the pull out bed runners, the list is endless.
Using this method is much more cleaner than spray cans

regards
bald eagle

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Fit a scooter and rack (if you can) especially if you have an Arthritic Knee like I do and cant walk very far. I love ours and it gets you down all those little alleys and streets you cant explore in the van plus you just park it where you like!

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
ooops

take a screwdriver to remove and replace vent covers. our first mistake on our first trip out.

Remember that you haveto take your vent cover off (most models) or you water heater wont work!!

Took us quite a few trips to figure this out!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back