Ducato Cup Holder Idea (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Ive had this cup holder for a while now and it works well, originally designed to clip into a VW t4 ashtray. I clip it under the dash paper clip thingy (mine is the permanent fixed version that doesn't flip up) and use some double sided tape on the underside, hasn't budged in over a year. I got it from Just Campers

image.jpg
image.jpg
http://www.justkampers.com/cup-holder-vw-t4-1996-to-2003.html.

I stuck the disc to the front for my sat nav to stick to but that doesn't work so well lol.

Vincemacca

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
That has just given me a cracking idea .....thanks. I'm will soon be off to the shed for a making/fixing it session!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry but no way could I have cups sat on the top of the dash like that. The vans are desperate for a cup holder though !
Great idea but as above I would worry about all the electrickery components below. :eek:

I've got one cupholder opposite the gear lever but that's it, plus two slots for 2ltr bottles of water/pop but nothing to hold the cups needed? :mad: :LOL:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
mot fail as it blocks part of the swept area of the screen. also not keen on having drinks up high on the top of the dash

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Get some ali bike drink bottle holders & screw them where you want
I have thought of that but up to now we just pull over and make a brew.(y)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I have searched endlessly for a pair of descent cup holders to fit the x250 cab and i have just gave up, Andy (Techno) had something in the pipeline but aint heard anything about them in a while - i am pretty sure they would be a good seller - just dont wanna be screwing holes into the dash or mounting anything on top of it either in case it went over the leccy bits underneath.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don't have a need to drink whilst driving never in a hurry to get anywhere so just stop and have a brew as previous posters.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I screwed a couple of can holders to the cab doors (level with the air vents on the edge of the dash) that way they are easily reached but not in the way, they are wider than the standard ones so will take not only cans but the larger disposable coffee cups such as those from Waitrose.

If you have a look on Ebay you can get ones that just hook over the car door trim so no holes/permanent fixing required, there are also ones that fold too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+mug+holder.TRS0&_nkw=car+mug+holder&_sacat=0

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Are you sure ? they pull up from the back ;)GIVE IT A GOOD TUG
terry
Yes 100% apparently if you have an airbag they are fixed, I've dismantled it in the past and its screwed in place

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are you sure ? they pull up from the back ;)GIVE IT A GOOD TUG
terry
The moral is of that is ... if you ain't sure it is 'capable' of moving don't give it a pull from the back!!! :X3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back