Simplest way to prime an inline pump? (1 Viewer)

M

Mrs Capper

Deleted User
Me and my husband recently acquired our first van (a converted Iveco) and we are having trouble with our water system. The current set up is an inline booster pump (whale 991) and a tap with a microswitch. The problem we have is how to prime the booster pump without altering the system too much.

Does anyone know of a tap with a pump primer and microswitch or does anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Sally

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Me and my husband recently acquired our first van (a converted Iveco) and we are having trouble with our water system. The current set up is an inline booster pump (whale 991) and a tap with a microswitch. The problem we have is how to prime the booster pump without altering the system too much.

Does anyone know of a tap with a pump primer and microswitch or does anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Sally

Not sure what your system is ;but the whale 991 isn't really up to it. You would be better off installing a self priming water pump, not difficult to fit.

Link Removed

those are the normal types used in motorhomes

Regards

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and welcome to the forum:thumb:
The whale booter pump is exactly that, a booster for a manual or other electrical pump sounds like it not fitted in the right place
if your trying to use it on its own it should be piped below the water tank so that it gravity feeds
If it has been installed incorrectly you can
1. move the pump close to the bottom of the tank, and use a bit of pipe to fiit where the pump was
2. fit a submersable pump in the tank,or another booster near the bottom of the tank
3. fit a manual pump befor the booster to prime it
4, fit a one way valve between pump and tank to prevent drain back
after fitting valve you may have to manually prime booster by blowing into (pressurising) water tank)
5. or persevere with running the pump with both hot and cold taps open, if sucsessfull dont allow tank to fully empty or you will have to start again:cry::cry:
hope that helps
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i agree with sinbad....

heres another make.....very easy to fit and has an integral pressure switch so no more dodgy/faulty micro switch's.

Link Removed

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back