Charlies guide to Detailing sprays.. (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Ever used a Detailing spray ?

Detailing sprays are one of the truly revolutionary products to have hit the detaing/valeting scene for many years. They have been around for about 15 years now but its surprising how many folk know nothing about them.

A Detaing spray has many many uses. I guarantee anyone uses one will never look back.

Originally designed as the ultimate LSP (Last Stage Product) for wiping cars over say after a polish and wax or at car shows where cars need to be kept looking at their absolute best. Used a lot at Concourse shows..

I use them after washing the car or MH. Whilst the vehicle is still wet after rinsing I spray a fine mist over the paint and the water dissipates in front of the eyes. Then towel down and a completely flawless streak free finish will be left.

Use on paint glass and every element on your vehicles. Even the plastic bumpers look brand new.

I also use them in the showers and bathrooms in the house and in the motor home. Shower trays mirrors and the shower walls will gleam and have a finish second to none.

Detailing sprays do contain wax. So using on vehicles after washing means we are topping up waxes already on the surfaces. It really does top up well.

On windscreens its brilliant ! After using for some time water will sheet off the screen better than when dedicated screen sealants have been applied. I use it on the insides and outsides of the windows.

It is also the best product by far I have ever used on the windows of the house !

Its also an excellent clay lube. When claying a vehicle a lube to the clay bar MUST !! be used. Mix a Detailing spray 50/50 with water and you have an excellent clay lube

Its not exactly a cheap product.
I buy Meguires Last Touch.
Link.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-Last-Touch-3-78-litres-/171908944800?hash=item28069253a0

So 30 quid for a US gallon or 3.8 litres.... I buy in bulk container as its way cheaper that way !

There are quite a few Detailng sprays out there many of which can be greasy . LT is not. Meguires also do a premium spray called "Ultimate" which is more expensive and its rubbish !

These products will not be for everyone based on price. But I bet anyone who tries one will be hooked ! I use with every car wash and it half's drying time !

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I get similar results with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler, it contains a surfactant, after washing my car I spray a mist of Bobby D over it and the rinse water just runs off, wipe it over then with a microfibre cloth and job done!!

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I get similar results with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler, it contains a surfactant, after washing my car I spray a mist of Bobby D over it and the rinse water just runs off, wipe it over then with a microfibre cloth and job done!!

In that case I suspect your "Bobby Dazzler" is a detailing spray...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have just bought 10 litres of Autoglym fast shine and lube which is the bulk version of rapid detailer, I use it on site to remove dead flies and generally tart up after a drive.

Smells nice as well.

Martin

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
In that case I suspect your "Bobby Dazzler" is a detailing spray...

The last bottle I got Charlie was about £6.50, just add a capful to a couple of litres of water in a garden sprayer, it really does go a long way and makes drying the vehicle so easy.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I have just bought 10 litres of Autoglym fast shine and lube which is the bulk version of rapid detailer, I use it on site to remove dead flies and generally tart up after a drive.

Smells nice as well.

Martin

Likely a great product then Martin... Most detailing sprays are !

Its personal choice of course which one we go for. Some are cheaper many are expensive.

I buy a 20 litre large tub of the Meguires. OK its an outlay of 90 quid but I write the date I start using it on the container.

My tub has about 1 fifth left in it and its dated early 2013 so given how much I use it its not bad ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Here's a slightly off topic tip.
I spray my toilet "funnel" with a silicon spray before a trip.
No skid marks for a 2 month trip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back