Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
How on earth do I get at the engine?? I have got all the bits to service her but can't get in!!:Eeek:

In the manual it says to open the flap on the wood drinks holders and there is an alan screw that turns anti clockwise to relese the cover...................but I've looked everywhere and cant find it........I have however found the alan key that fits the mysterious screw. :thumb:

Anyone any ideas?

Boo

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Boo the screw on mine is at the base of the dog kennel in the middle, you just give it half a turn.

You do not need to remove the kennel as their is nothing in there to service. You reach the oil filter from underneath, and the air cleaner from under the wheel arch.

Thats unless your a FRED, in which case ignore all of the above. :ROFLMAO:
Olley

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Cheers mate, found it, it was under a scuff carpet..................what's a FRED??

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Boo the screw on mine is at the base of the dog kennel in the middle, you just give it half a turn.

You do not need to remove the kennel as their is nothing in there to service. You reach the oil filter from underneath, and the air cleaner from under the wheel arch.

Thats unless your a FRED, in which case ignore all of the above. :ROFLMAO:
Olley

no wonder Boo couldnt find it !!!!!!!!

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We are FRED, and whilst I found the allen keyed release I haven't yet worked out how to get the ****** out from between the seats, I will in time but given she was serviced just before we picked her up I've got a year to work it out:Eeek:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Dodgey, I lay a plastic mat on the floor and slide it on to that, then pull it back out off the way. And as you say; unlike us petrol heads you do need it off to change your fuel filters.

Here's what's under mine:

GMcropped-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi Dodgey, I lay a plastic mat on the floor and slide it on to that, then pull it back out off the way. And as you say; unlike us petrol heads you do need it off to change your fuel filters.

GMcropped-1.jpg

I guessed it'd be a slide it back, looks a bit 2 man(wife) job to avoid any scuffing of carpet etc.
I know I'll need in there for the fuel filter and I'm hopeing there is a better oil filler for when change is required the one under the bonnet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: looks hopeless, recipie for oil everywhere but in the motor:Eeek:

Very unlike me, I usually go straight to the messy bit first, getting old me thinks:Blush:

PS At least I understand what's under yours, got some new bits to learn under mine!

Last edited:

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp

GMcropped-1.jpg
Is that a Ducatto 2.8JTD or a 2.5 Turbo? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'd need a second van to get that in mine.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
No that's in the back driving the genny. ::bigsmile:

Olley

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Front engine diesel Boo

DIESEL??? DIESEL???? Do I look like the kind of person that would run a smelly DIESEL?? ..................IIIIIIIIIII don't think so :RollEyes:

Mine is a 7.4 ltr V8 Vortec FSI petrol with new injected LPG conv!................like all royals use :thumb:

Smelly Diesel pah!

Boo

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
DIESEL??? DIESEL???? Do I look like the kind of person that would run a smelly DIESEL?? ..................IIIIIIIIIII don't think so :RollEyes:

Mine is a 7.4 ltr V8 Vortec FSI petrol with new injected LPG conv!................like all royals use :thumb:

Smelly Diesel pah!

Boo

And what's wrong with diesel, eh eh?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our Winnie don't smell!! To be honest she's the first diesel anything I ever bought, can't stand the stuff normally but didn't seem to daft an idea given the task at hand:thumb:
Si.

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
And what's wrong with diesel, eh eh?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our Winnie don't smell!! To be honest she's the first diesel anything I ever bought, can't stand the stuff normally but didn't seem to daft an idea given the task at hand:thumb:
Si.

Given the task in hand I would go for petrol everytime................however if my winni had been a diesel I would have run her on used cooking oil...........makes your exhaust smell like doe-nuts ::bigsmile:

Boo

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
my car makes me damn hungry on cold winter's mornings because of the fry-up happening under hood :ROFLMAO:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
deisel or petrol

:Hi
we are picking up our new b class on saturday it is the first petrol vehicle that we have owned in over 25 years i have always been a diesel man so i am yet to be conviced with these petrols we will have it gas converted in august so will have to wait and see:Doh:::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back