Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Getting ready to leave the campsite this morning I'm sorting cables n blocks Jan goes to pay.
She's a long time so I drive up to reception and see her comforting a very upset lady. She comes over and tells me that she's just paid for a night for the lady and her husband who've been robbed.
This Greek couple have been saving for a year for this trip and the caravan they're towing. Their kids have grown so this was the start of a new life for them familiar story eh!
Anyway they fell for the usual car alongside occupants waving so stopped both jumped out and the scallies robbed the car. They lost the lot all in her bag passports documents and money. Spent the night in a layby but got moved by the police early this morning with the threat of a £500.00 fine for wildcamping. To make matters worse they can't drive because of the Bora wind and caravans are banned off the road until it dies down.
They were absolutely devistated their first trip and their dreams all shattered in one day.
Anyway we offered as much help as we could and tried to reassure them that it was just bad luck and left them to it. They gave us their address in Greece and made us promise to visit as that is looking like next years late trip maybe.
So sad to see such nice people treated so bad but thats life eh.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There really are some bad buggers out there, money is one thing and their identity too. I hope the thieves rot in hell!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
To make matters worse they can't drive because of the Bora wind and caravans are banned off the road until it dies down.

I have to say the three weeks I stayed in Northern Italy on the old Yogoslav border, when the Bora started everything was battened down. I saw a Lambretta scooter being blown up a hill on it's side like a paper cup.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is the nice ones that make the easy targets

I am far too trusting and in danger of falling for same con (n)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It is the nice ones that make the easy targets

I am far too trusting and in danger of falling for same con (n)

Not us any sign of trouble I send Jan out to sort it and lock myself in the van.
She battered 3 female muggers on her own in Rome while I stood there like a dope. They didn't know what hit em.
You don't mess with a forestgirl. ;);)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
So how do you cope in this situation...whats next basically, as I would not have a clue:(

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That one gesture you made could be the difference with their outlook on camping, hopefully they will see the good and be much more of the bad, that was really nice of Jan.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
So how do you cope in this situation...whats next basically, as I would not have a clue:(

Simple enough to get money transferred from home had to do it for all our kids at one time or another.
Everything else can be sorted.

Should add spoke to them and the passports were found in a gas station so now they can get home. Obviously a Greek passport has no value.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Very nice gesture and I'm sure it will go a long way in returning the couples faith in humans and will realise not everyone's bad.

How much interest are you charging :D

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
A very big hearted couple you both are , you put the faith back in human nature. Well done and thanks from everyone for that gesture.(y)

Shame you are not like that when its your round at the bar:LOL:

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I've heard there's a Greek couple going all round Europe camping for nothing because they're telling people that they've been robbed and people fall for the sob story, apparently :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Nice gesture. Wouldn't it be nice if we could send in a hitman to knock 7 bells out of these people. They ruin peoples lives in a few minutes :mad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
nice to hear that good Samaritans still exist

Join us or log in to post a reply.