Another lesson learned the hard way! (1 Viewer)

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Why Oh why don't I learn? Why do I have to touch stuff?
Mr and Mrs emmenay were at the Lincoln show the other day and I finally had time to tighten up the loose tap body on the bathroom sink.
So there am i, one hand gripping the tap body, the other hand gripping the big nut under the sink trying to tighten it to stop it turning in the counter top. Just a little tighter I thought, when I hear and feel this expensive crunch, followed by the inevitable water leak....
So after taking the tap apart I discovered to my amazement that I hadn't broken it but merely dislodged the inner cartridge and it went back together a treat, tested and leak free. But was that the end of that, nooooo!
On refitting the tap I thought 'lesson learned', so got Mrs emmenay to gently hold the tap in place while I tightened up the nut underneath with a pair of mole grips (yes I know I should be using a basin wrench but who carries one of those!)
Anyway, here comes that famous saying 'just a little bit more', (we've all heard that one lads am I right) when suddenly the mole grips slip and take with it one of the pipes that fit into the bottom of the tap, of course the water was still pressured up i hear you ask and yes things got a little wet behind the ears!
So now while I'm dismantling the vanity area of the bathroom I send Mrs emmenay of to the showground to find a mobile repairer or if anybody knows of one to come and sort things out.
Was there anyone in the whole of the Lincoln show ground that could supply a bit of pipe and a couple of fittings to get me out of trouble, was there bol#@cks! Not even a single person of the mobile repairs category took an interest, all we got was 'sorry don't carry pipe'! Not even a willingness to take the job on as they were all to busy earning their bigger money fitting gadgets for everyone which I suppose I understand.
Was I peed off, well I think several people heard me venting off but hey ho, the trusty mole grips are now gripping the dangling water pipe to seal it off.
The net result of my inability to leave things alone is a broken tap and nearly a broken nose the way I spoke to the Mrs, but I think she's forgiven me.
I would say it was lucky we weren't somewhere remote when it happened but we may just as well have been it seems, but I can't complain, I brought it on myself.......

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
oh-oh :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Oooh I'm so glad I'm not the only one

Just locked us out of the van for half an hour in Croatia.
Fitted a bungy to the door to stop it blowing in the wind then shut the door with steel end of said bungy nicely wedged in the lock. :rolleyes:
Tried to blame her :( bruising should go down in a few days.:)(y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Emmenay
Not sure a "like" is the correct response!

It sounds far too much like something I would do.

I started to write a book of my biggest mistakes but, when I reached volume 29, my publisher backed out!o_O

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Ah yes, Jackie did say someone had been to the stand for a "bit of pipe and some clips", so sorry I didn't have any with me. Thing is there is a limit to what we can carry and jobs we can do in a field so we limit ourselves to the stuff we do best. Genuinely sorry we couldn't help in your hour of need.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back