Is it best.... (1 Viewer)

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
On a site with Electric... If one goes out for the day do you leave the cable on site plugged in
to the site box to mark your spot so to speak, or do you wind it up and take it with you?
Thanks
Alan

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Alan

If you leave your hook up lead attached to the supply box it will still be "LIVE":Eeek::whatthe:
Best to disconnect I think.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
On a site with Electric... If one goes out for the day do you leave the cable on site plugged in
to the site box to mark your spot so to speak, or do you wind it up and take it with you?
Thanks
Alan

Being of a cautious nature, I would leave a chair or two,, EHU cable`s are easy to walk of with. :thumb:

I have 23 used/second hand ones to sell,, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Alan, a lead costs around a £1 a metre, if you leave it, someone will think you forgot it and steal it. Best take it with you

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Hi Alan, a lead costs around a £1 a metre, if you leave it, someone will think you forgot it and steal it. Best take it with you

Thanks all... Will take it with me.... I'm a little too trusting... Thats age for you.!!
Regards
Alan

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the only thing folks wont steal is your RUBBISH BAG :Doh:you could leave that in the middle of the pitch:winky:

if we were to move, which we dont 'cos we only stay for one day, then id take everything and if my pitch had been taken on our return then just find another.:thumb:

Upvote 0

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I agree with you John, as I only stay 1 day at a time, but what if someone has paid for the pitch for more than a day?

I would say that if you returned and someone had taken your pitch AND there were none left, then the owners/managers would be at fault for giving up your pitch in the first place.

BUT as you say if I wanted to stay more than 1 day then I would have bought a caravan.

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We were told to leave the Van Steps in the middle of the pitch once with a "Reserved-In Use" notice attached to it.

We returned to find the van owners on the adjacent pitch had taken it and were using it as their own.:Doh:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with you John, as I only stay 1 day at a time, but what if someone has paid for the pitch for more than a day?

I would say that if you returned and someone had taken your pitch AND there were none left, then the owners/managers would be at fault for giving up your pitch in the first place.

BUT as you say if I wanted to stay more than 1 day then I would have bought a caravan.

But if that happened they should be looking for a new site manager/warden. their book would tell them they were full.:RollEyes:

there again, you may get the crappiest pitch on the site if its the last one.:Doh:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yep.They were very put out though.:Eeek:

I have been using Laminated Photocopies in cane poles since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Motorhome Camping Site & Leisure Park Sign: THIS PITCH IS RESERVED FOR (YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER HERE)

Link Removed

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back