May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
How good is the Ecocamel?
How do I know which head to get? (Hymer enclosed shower cubicle.)
Where is the best place and price to get one?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Had one fitted now for nearly two years and very pleased with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
If as this says it's output is 7 litres per minute, and my Boiler has a 14 litre capacity, that means 2 minutes of showering! Or am I missing something?

I use a trigger shower head which means 2 people can have a shower off one boiler full, quite comfortably.

:cooler:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If as this says it's output is 7 litres per minute, and my Boiler has a 14 litre capacity, that means 2 minutes of showering! Or am I missing something?

I use a trigger shower head which means 2 people can have a shower off one boiler full, quite comfortably.

:cooler:
Surely you're shower is a mixer... unless you have asbestos skin loads more than 2 minutes.
Also.. we don't leave our shower running constantly even with the ecocamel. There's normal three of us and no probs showering whatsoever

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We are recent converts to the (low pressure) Ecocamel shower head in our van. From the 2 trips in which it has been used so far, its much better than the original shower head in our Auto Trail. Definitely seems to use less water without sacrificing effectiveness.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
my Boiler has a 14 litre capacity ..... I use a trigger shower head which means 2 people can have a shower off one boiler full, quite comfortably.
Blimey! We also have a trigger shower head and I use less than one litre, and that's including my hair (which admittedly is quite short nowadays) and I still have friends :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We bought a similar showerhead from Wilkos for a tenner we reckon it uses 30 percent less water then the original Hymer showerhead.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I fitted one to our Burstner after seeing them recommended here about two years ago. I can't say that it made any noticeable improvement to the showering experience and have no way of knowing if it actually uses less water as claimed.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I haven't got one and don't intent to pay the price asked for one but ... I assume it works by mixing air in with the water thus the flow of the water spray itself feels that it has been 'increased' and makes you believe you are getting just as good a shower as you did without it but with more water. At the same time I assume it restricts the water flow itself thus the claimed water saving ...

Well, that's my take on it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I fitted one to our Burstner after seeing them recommended here about two years ago. I can't say that it made any noticeable improvement to the showering experience and have no way of knowing if it actually uses less water as claimed.
Easily sorted - place a bucket in the shower and use the Eco head to fill it, making sure you time it using a stopwatch, then repeat without the shower head on and see how long it takes to fill the bucket ... then you will know if it is actually saving water or not.

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
we got one for our hymer and it lets us both shower one tank off water we bought it at the gt malvern show they seem to be at most off the big shows .as they have something in the head that stops them scaleing up which ps good as im concerned as we have hard water at home

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Good product

Our MH has an 8 litre hot water tank but the hot water is RED hot so you probably use 75% cold to 25% mix

Anyway we both can have a quick but decent shower with minimal water usage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back