Disneyland Paris for New Year (1 Viewer)

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Hi everyone, I was hoping for advice after doing a little research myself.

We are now planning to head for Disney in paris, leaving home (Wigan) on the 27th December , Myself, Wife, our 4 year old daughter and our little dog!

We will be leaving on the 27th December and hopefully back 3rd Jan.

I have 2 options, my first choice was to go Hull to Zeebrugge on the the overnight ferry to save a long drive down to Dover, however my wife is now saying she doesnt really want to overnight on the ferry, and the cost is about £800!

We are now planning to head down on the 27th, m6, m40 south side of M25 is my preffered route, and probably an overnight stop around heathrow area, continue journey on the morning of the 28th with a lunch or early afternoon crossing, then driving straight down to disney and possibly stopping if I get tired in an Aires.

The return journey would be leave disney morning, lunchtime crossing back stop over again heathrow area then finish drive home day after.

Does this sound like a good idea? We have a 4 year old (although she will be almost 5 when we go) and a dog so I need to break the driving up a little.

My next problem... I dont know if to get a campsite nearby or just stay on the car park at disney which I believe is allowed. I am thinking that with the dog and small person if we stayed on the car park we could just go in for a couple of hours and then out again and back in again evening etc, the downside of this obviously is there is nothing else to do there and its not a proper site.

The other option is local campsite (can anyone recommend one that will be open) and then we travel in each day via bus or take the van with us. (probably going to take the van with us)

I also wanted to ask can we change our mind on the day? for example book the site and pay for it for the 4 days, but if we drive in and decide to stay on the carpark can we do that? I know it would mean paying twice but I dont mind this for the flexibility it would offer?

For the crossing my initial thoughts are now the tunnel unless anyone has a better suggestion?

If anyone has any experience of this, or any advice I would be grateful to hear it. This will be our first time abroad with the van, still not sure if we are doing the right thing at all to be honest! We did Disney in Florida in May this year, and it was totally amazing and we all loved it. Hope the Euro version is good!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have no idea but hope you have a wonderful trip

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Just remember that you will need to visit french vet bewteen 24 and 120hrs before your return crossing - due to the holidays this may be an issue for you.

Otherwise enjoy your trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Peter Ashcroft

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Just remember that you will need to visit french vet bewteen 24 and 120hrs before your return crossing - due to the holidays this may be an issue for you.

Otherwise enjoy your trip

Thank you for that I hadnt even considered that, I am hoping to persuade the wife to leave the dog at home with a sitter but she is insisting she comes with us at the moment. I think its better for the dog and us if she stays at home this trip

OP
OP
Peter Ashcroft

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
One more questions, I am pricing up the tunnel, do i choose campervan or van over 6ft? ours is a coachbuilt at just under 3m high, but it doesnt seem to be asking for the dimensions?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hi Peter. Sounds like a lovely trip for your little one. It's magical there at that time of year.

A couple of things to consider
To park at Disneyland in a MH it's €30 per day but you can stay overnight for that. You have to pay for each day you're there. I can't think of any sites nearby that are open at that time of year. There used to be a small chateau site a few miles away that stayed open all year Chateau de Chambonnieres, we stayed there Dec 2000, don't know if it's still there.

It will be really cold there. In the past we've spent Christmas & New year there and it was bl..dy freezing! So make sure you have plenty of gas for heating if you decide to stay in their parking area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
your have plenty to do restraunts etc skating rink etc outside park so that be ok I personaly think the tunnel is a no brainer quick and easy

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Tunnel without a doubt - only 35mins crossing and you stay in your van with the dog. Use your Tesco vouchers if you collect them (but you have to pay cash for the pooch).

Disney is an easy 4/5 hour run from Calais (A25/A1 then follow signs round Paris) and would recommend you stay "On-site". Get there well before 8.00pm coz they shut the gates (but if you're late go round to the Esso fuel station and ask nicely, they've got room for a couple of motorhomes in a corner on their forecourt).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back