LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
no idea why, never seen that before..

bigger pitches ?

they also say that these prices ' Start From' so maybe bigger caravans also pay more.. as do RVs

to me that's just another way of 'cashing in' .. like charging for dogs, awnings etc

I wouldn't stay there

email and ask..

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A caravan and car outfit needs more space. It doesnt make any sense.
Looks like they won't get many Funster visitors then!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I would not use them, two adults in a motorhome use no more than two adults in a caravan, weird :eek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Strange ! Very strange! spect they just lost a heap of business tho!

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Interesting, they don't like people with iPads either. Their website doesn't Work on an iPad because it uses Flash and does not have a fallback. Just says view it on a desktop computer. Seems they are just not interested in business or perhaps they consider themselves not suitable for "Rich" people in that you must be rich to have a Motorhome or iPad.
Best to let them to get on with it and go elsewhere. Perhaps somebody with a desktop computer could copy this thread to them. They may not understand that they are alienating their customers.
Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
just looking at a campsite and noted the pricing structure.

They charge more for a motorhome than a caravan?

any ideas why?

seems strange
http://www.redlionfarm.co.uk/
I assume because caravans use the grass pitches and motorhomes get the large hard standings ... I understand it's quite normal practice to pay extra for hardstandings on campsites, personally though I'd prefer a grass pitch anytime!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
^^^^^^^nope you presume wrong^^^^^

That's not the reason apparantly. .you can choose your pitch be it grass or H'S .
Incidentally I've never been charged extra for a HS pitch. I have for a super pitch type thing with drainage etc but not simply HS..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
One site we've stayed on shows increased charges for MHs too, but owner said he charged same as caravan rate if the MH stayed for more than one night. If we hadn't been staying with friends who were taking their folding caravan, there's no way we would have stayed there on principal, not to mention the fact that we were paying for facilities we didn't need, but that said we had a great time. Could be a similar issue, more frequent one night stays with MHs, causing more admin? Very short sighted in my view, I would imagine they lose quite a lot of passing business as a result.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We where in Scotland 2 years back and they tried to charge me for trike that was on tow behind van when I asked why it was same price for a caravan with a tow car the warden got a right strop on
so Elaine told her to kiss her shiney white ass :mad:
And we moved on 6 miles and found a smashing site in center of Inverness cheaper :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

That's not the reason apparantly. .you can choose your pitch be it grass or H'S .
Incidentally I've never been charged extra for a HS pitch. I have for a super pitch type thing with drainage etc but not simply HS..

Does this mean you know the reason now Paul?

Whilst odd I would not bother too much about £1.50, given how much fuel most will have spent to get there, does it really matter?

It would be nice to know why there is a difference though I guess, but £14 / night with facilities doesn't seem bad to me, having said that they are 2014 prices so may already have been levelled out and probably increased

It would not stop me going, although I would ask why :)(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Whilst odd I would not bother too much about £1.50, given how much fuel most will have spent to get there, does it really matter?

Principles is the reason. This is why everything is in the state that it is & onerous laws & regulations get introduced that impose upon everyone due to apathy .:)

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008

Would it not be simpler to just ask them????

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
One site we've stayed on shows increased charges for MHs too, but owner said he charged same as caravan rate if the MH stayed for more than one night. If we hadn't been staying with friends who were taking their folding caravan, there's no way we would have stayed there on principal, not to mention the fact that we were paying for facilities we didn't need, but that said we had a great time. Could be a similar issue, more frequent one night stays with MHs, causing more admin? Very short sighted in my view, I would imagine they lose quite a lot of passing business as a result.

makes sense.....shortsighted behavior though..I don't get impression that it is a friendly place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back