Inline water filter ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Having finally found the inline water filter in our van and because its an absolute swine to get at I'm considering trying to find a filter that could possibly go inline in the hose we fill the van with.

I can find lots of inline filters on Ebay and Amazon but they are all for fuel.

What I would like is a simple inline filter I can install in the fill hose.

This will mean I can delete the one in the van or at least it wont need taking out for cleaning very often.

When I spoke to the service dept at Auto Sleeper the chap told me they often take the filters out and deposit them in the bin...

Getting to the filter is really hard ! I'm a big chap and wide across the shoulders due to 40 years training in the gym. I'm not even sure I can get to the thing as its behind a removable panel in the back of a cupboard.

But I have a slim size 8 daughter who may be able to get at the blooming thing..

So does anyone have any ideas where I can obtain a filter that will go inline in the fill hose ?

What are opinions on deleting the existing one ? Its just a mesh screen on the end of the fill solenoid.

Thanks !

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
many use a plastic watering can then at least you have an idea whats going in .
unless you are filling from rivers etc dont really think theres a need for a filter really . have one for drinking water .
the filter on my pump is easy to see and get at but i have never felt the need to clean it . always looks clean.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the problem in putting it in a fill hose is that a carbon/silver filter restricts the flow and would take an age to fill the tank

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many fit a nature pure system and only filter drinking water

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
many use a plastic watering can then at least you have an idea whats going in .
unless you are filling from rivers etc dont really think theres a need for a filter really . have one for drinking water .
the filter on my pump is easy to see and get at but i have never felt the need to clean it . always looks clean.

I tend to top up daily with a bucket and submersible pump. We have the "Whale" system on our van so a watering can is of no use. When topping up I'm OCD with the water in the bucket. But its just to make sure !
The factory fitted filter on our van is notorious for blocking up. This is why I would like a filter outside of the van so getting to the existing one is not required.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I can live with that ? Can you link or advise which filter please ?
the filters used for household fridges or commercial water coolers are designed to plumb in inline. much cheaper than leisure ones and exactly the same thing

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
that is just a strainer though, and not a true filter

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
@Charlie is this what you're looking for?

https://www.goldrv.co.uk/parts/products/7866/garden-hose-filter/

Some time ago I was looking for an inline exterior filter as I haven't room to put one under the sink in the van and so after much searching I managed to find a selection that were mainly aimed at the RV market.

I never did get round to doing anything about it though and am just ultra careful where and how I fill up.

I still would feel happier filtering though. Might look into it again.

Here's a few more from the same company

https://www.goldrv.co.uk/parts/27/fresh-water/738/exterior-in-line-water-filter/

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have had several in line carbon filters in boats and my RV. I always believed in them, however the new van does not have one, the factory would not install one, no reason other than too much hassle, and we were going away so I decided to add it to the winter list. BUT whilst here in Spain and some awful water we bought a Brita, only Euro 21 with 3 cartridges in the supermarket. We fill it and keep it in the pan draw and use it for tea and coffee and topping up fresh water bottle in fridge. As things go I may not bother with the in line filter!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back