Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Just taken delivery of a Solwise wifi repeater box, rocket aerial and 12v adapter and given it a test run.

Very easy to set up with the instructions provided and I had it up and running in 5 minutes

First impressions are very good in that it could find 19 wifi networks in range of my driveway from inside the motorhome whilst my iPhone could only find 3

Build quality doesn't seem the best but okish so time will tell on that

Very pleased with the kit overall and half the price of the iBoost

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have one and it cost me £50 for the Solwise 3000 usbwifirpt plus and around £22 for the USB Rocket booster.
I have uploaded a pdf file that shows the instructions. You may find it useful to have a look at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• wl-usbwifirpt-3000-general-instructions.pdf
    425.7 KB · Views: 93

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Great bit of kit, if you are a BT or SFR customer and can get access to the FON network. Set the router for something like 10.0.2.1 so as not to conflict with BT or SfR or whoever you use.
Very rarely can we not pick up Site WiFi however far we are away.
Steve

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Forgot to say. Just got my Rocket which is permantly mounted to roof caught in a tree and after 200km driving fount that the plastic cover was missing. Up on the roof found it stick under one of the Solar panels.
The cover is not stuck on that well so add a bit of insulating tape at the bottom. Or Araldite it on which I will do when I return home From Croatia.
Steve

OP
OP
Big Nick

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, What was the cost if you don't mind me asking.
Terry
Around £85 Terry, that was for the aerial, wifi repeater box, 12v power cord and a usb cable extension (which I don't think I'll need)

I'm actually typing this through accessing my internet via the repeater just to test it out.

I've also tried my iPhone, missus iPhone & iPad and my laptop and they all work fine logged into the repeater box.

I had a couple of setup issues mainly owing to me inputting my own home internet wifi password wrongly into the repeater then scratching my head wondering why it wouldn't work!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Big Nick

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I have one and it cost me £50 for the Solwise 3000 usbwifirpt plus and around £22 for the USB Rocket booster.
I have uploaded a pdf file that shows the instructions. You may find it useful to have a look at it.
One thing that's not clear in the instructions is that on mine when you get to the end of the process after picking your wifi provider and the system saves it and you lose the wifi connection as it does so, you then have to close your browser and then go back into your devices wifi and reselect the wifi repeater again.
I was just sat waiting initially for it to reconnect not realising you have to reselect it on your device to then access the Internet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back