Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
On Wednesday May 20 2009 all the papers were signed and I now own a (small) piece of central Portugal, partially wooded, partially flat grass, partially planted with mysterious plant like things.

Once things are settled there will be a place for Funsters to rest their weary tyres before heading south to the Algarve and all those over priced bars and restaurants... :)

JJ

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds great JJ, when are you heading out there? Are you going to go via Stratford?::bigsmile:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Went to Portugal for the first time this year & really liked it, planning on going back again this winter if we can. Talking to the many brits we met the general opinion was it was a much more motor home friendly place than Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi JJ sounds good, love Portugal, where abouts is your bit of heaven? got the GPS? so we can have a look on Google earth.

Olley

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
.......now if the offer was to live there i'd be renewing my passport right now :thumb:

your really making me jealous tho, i'd love to do something like that, nice little bit of land in a country where you can do kinda what you like on it,

i'd build an RV challet (half garage for the motorhome, other half a living room, bedroom etc, with a door between the 2 that lines up with the motorhomes door, you use the toilet and kitchen in the motorhome, which is hooked up to water and sewer in the garage, looks like a normal wooden house when the garage door is closed)

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
nice one jj . two campers ,land to park .must be something in this full timing :ROFLMAO:
hope you get the time to cut the grass lol

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
On Wednesday May 20 2009 all the papers were signed and I now own a (small) piece of central Portugal, partially wooded, partially flat grass, partially planted with mysterious plant like things.

Once things are settled there will be a place for Funsters to rest their weary tyres before heading south to the Algarve and all those over priced bars and restaurants... :)

JJ

I was hoping it was that wooded bit at the end of the road in Cabanas:winky: we stayed for a night 18 March - very nice watching the sun set and rise.

::bigsmile:
Keith

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sadly Jim I can't make it to Stratford otherwise I'd be there like a shot and would love to help out with stewarding (if I could boss Funsters about a bit :))

No Hilldweller, I don't think those plants are illegal in Portugal... ! Anyway the ones I am referring to seem to have grapey round things growing on them and others have cherry like blossom and yet others have pear shaped appley things. Off course I know that those other trees are olive trees...

A gps location will be available as soon as I can get over there to record it Olley.

If you want to live there for a bit Gazznsam you're welcome (after I have spent my first night there!)... Lionheart's snoring might frighten the animals on the ajoining farm land but we might get away with it... :)

Apart from no sea views SuperK it is just as nice as MY favourite Algarve spot just off the road in Cabanas... (I hope you don't pinch my space next time I am there... just behind that rather rough Portuguese non-runner with the very nice local chef owner...)

Just learnt that there has been a little mix up when it came registering the piece of land legally... the marker posts I was shown were not correct!!! I knew there would be a hiccup... it appears the land I now own is bigger than I thought...

Yes dshague... Fulltiming has been very, very good for me... no mortgage, no council tax, no water bills, no electric bills... if only I could avoid that income tax and that VAT it would be even better!

JJ

"a rich person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least..."

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I was hoping it was that wooded bit at the end of the road in Cabanas:winky: we stayed for a night 18 March - very nice watching the sun set and rise.

Keith

Hi Keith, I never went to Cabanas last winter 08>09. The weather was so cold we took the ferry to Tenerife for 3 months.

If you have been to Cabanas recently can you tell me if the still allow vans to park up now that there is a new campsite in area?

Doug...

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Bit of land

Grrrrreen with envy - I really like Portugal and am still trying to decide whether it's there or Italy to get away to this winter.

All the very best with your bit of land - look forward to reading more about it.

BW

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi Keith, I never went to Cabanas last winter 08>09. The weather was so cold we took the ferry to Tenerife for 3 months.

If you have been to Cabanas recently can you tell me if the still allow vans to park up now that there is a new campsite in area?

Doug...

Hi Doug

we had no trouble parking for a night or two at the Eastern end of the seaside road in the little woodland glade or on the road itself.

:Smile:
Keith

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp

Keith

Yes very nice we stayed there in Feb for a few nights then back on the 4th April for 2 nights.Managed to get up the top offthe road .

Then went to
Alturin for the wifi .

We met a couple when we were ar the barrogem up from Silves that had just bought a bit of land nr there, they were getting water and elect put on .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back