mpg on transit duetto hightop ? (1 Viewer)

flyingdoc

Free Member
May 23, 2009
essex centre of universe
Funster No
MH
DUETTO HI TOP
Exp
20 YEARS
hi guys, does anyone know roughly what sort of mpg u should get on a 2.5diesel transit duetto?as i have fitted a homemade hydrogen fuel assist generator on mine and need to calculate mpg increase.:Cool:.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
as every vehicle is different and loaded/driven differently the only way would have been to established your consumption prior to converting it.
By the way you have notified the insurance company that you have modified the vehicle to non standard propulsion. You will no doubt no longer be covered. And may also need the vehicle to be assesed by VOSA.

Last edited:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
hi guys, does anyone know roughly what sort of mpg u should get on a 2.5diesel transit duetto?as i have fitted a homemade hydrogen fuel assist generator on mine and need to calculate mpg increase.:Cool:.
2.5 diesel injection 35 - 40mpg.
2.5 turbo diesel injection 30 - 33mpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

flyingdoc

Free Member
May 23, 2009
essex centre of universe
Funster No
MH
DUETTO HI TOP
Exp
20 YEARS
Transit duetto mpg?

as every vehicle is different and loaded/driven differently the only way would have been to established your consumption prior to converting it.
By the way you have notified the insurance company that you have modified the vehicle to non standard propulsion. You will no doubt no longer be covered. And may also need the vehicle to be assesed by VOSA.
no have'nt notified insurance yet,it only produces half a litre hydrogen per minute and doesnt store it,will be notifying modification after emmissions test to qualify as hybrid for reduced tax.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
cool that means i'm getting about 30%increased mpg!cheers 4 that.
As 'wildman' points out....make sure you inform your insurance of any modification otherwise you could well find your policy voided.

They may well be ok with it and not even make any charge, but it's better to err on the side of caution than not at all!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back