Cadac Eazi Chef, good buy? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi just bought a Cadac Eazi Chef from riversway Leisure, its the table top one that runs from a separate bottle and regulator.

Anybody got any views on it?

Olley

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Bought one in December (also from Riverside!) and took it to Spain / Portugal for our winter trip. Used it quite a lot - excellent bit of kit. Packs up well and runs of the external gas point.

Bit of a learning curve for cleaning the griddle plate though (I'm a bit slow on the uptake :Blush:); finally discovered that if it was wiped while still warm the grease etc came of easily - alternatively leave it to soak overnight.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cleaning cadacs are bug*ers

Mine is now used at home as the BBQ.

They are good griddles:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Using ours tonight in the garden, used it last when we were in Holland at easter.

We think they are very versatile peice of equipment. Griddle, Fry, BBQ, Boil, Roast.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We have a big CADAC but as noted above its not nice to clean and was too big for us. It nows stays at home as we got a Safari Chef for the van, smaller, easier to clean and really good. both of them are good to use though the big one is easily blown out by a gust of wind.

rgds
Bill

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi just bought a Cadac Eazi Chef from riversway Leisure, its the table top one that runs from a separate bottle and regulator.

Olley

Olley, your meant to ask for views BEFORE you buy ... :Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like ours but it's not a replacement for the 'real thing' , IMO can't beat charcoal. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have the Cadac Safari Chef, the best way to clean them is, get yourself one of the builders mixing buckets with the handles on the side, put about 6" of hot water in it and some washing up liquid, let it soak and give it a brush.:RollEyes: Job done.:winky: Bob.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cleaning:- The dishwasher in the bus doesn't like em.:Sad:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Olley

CADAC = Gods gift to RV galleys........well, when the flippin weather's right!:ROFLMAO:
Superb pieces of kit. Had the same one for 5 years now. OK, bit of a beggar to clean, but the wear and tear it saves in your galley is brilliant, and there's something nicer about food cooked outside.::bigsmile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Just finished using ours.

Point to note: "4 Best quality Beefburgers" from Morrisons, cooked on the Griddle. Over 100gms of fat came out of them and rested in the bottom of the tray. Just think all that fat could have been going into my body if they had been cooked using a frying pan or something similar.

Therefore the Cadac method of cooking must be good for your health as well as easy to use.

Any thoughts anyone.:thumb:

I have no problems cleaning mine, She WMBO is very good at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Olley, your meant to ask for views BEFORE you buy ... :Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like ours but it's not a replacement for the 'real thing' , IMO can't beat charcoal. :thumb:

I know Jim, but it was a bargain. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Been driving around all morning looking at various ones, got fed up; came home and saw it in the 3C mag and just thought that will do.

Afterwards I then thought; oops, might have bought the wrong one so best ask as I can always phone them and get it changed. (I think :Blush:)

Glad to say the general consensus is its a good un. ::bigsmile:

Olley

DJP

Free Member
Nov 4, 2008
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
Exp
I have a Cadac Carri Chef for sale if anyone is interested

Link Removed

ITEM DOES NOT HAVE THE STIR FRY PAN WITH IT OR GAS BOTTLE, PIPE, REGULATOR

The Carri Chef Deluxe Combo comes with 3 interchangeable cooking surfaces, BBQ top, non-stick ribbed/flat grill top and a BBQ lid. Comes complete with carry/storage bag, instructions and free full colour recipe book.
It does come with a cover Link Removedand kettle stand.

£60.00 no offers. Almost as new. Had very little use.
Buyer collects. Somerset area.

I have bought the smaller version as this was too big for 2 of us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back