Why are you here, reading this? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its a Bank Holiday weekend, shouldn't you be out in the Motorhome? ::bigsmile: Why aren't you away somewhere nice?

We always stop home at Bank Holidays, can't be doing with full campsites and all those people everywhere:Smile: Going to spend today putting a new covering on a 40ft polytunnel, I hope its a windless day, I don't fancy flying anywhere this weekend:roflmto:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Same as you "Jim" dont like Bank Holidays,, to many people..:Sad:

Was going to set off and come and give you a hand with your Pollytunnel,,:thumb:

But I have lost your address,, still it`s the thought that counts..:winky:

sorry.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I will be "Sorting" the MH getting ready for after the Bank Holiday :Smile:
Have a few problems with the locks that need to be resolved before Stratford, so have had to forgoe the pleasure of the Steam Rally at Barnie Castle :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Its a Bank Holiday weekend, shouldn't you be out in the Motorhome? ::bigsmile: Why aren't you away somewhere nice?

We always stop home at Bank Holidays, can't be doing with full campsites and all those people everywhere:Smile: Going to spend today putting a new covering on a 40ft polytunnel, I hope its a windless day, I don't fancy flying anywhere this weekend:roflmto:

Same here Jm, Bank holiday's not my idea of motorhome fun, will be chilling out in the garden.:thumb:
Regards

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Alright for some! Just checking for the gossip before I embark on the M3, M25 and A21 to get down to Johns Cross for the start of our Bank Holiday Open Weekend with free hamburgers and hot dogs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Man's gotta eat and some off us have to work.:cry:

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I unfortunately have to spend today at Work. Hopefully won't be too busy as most people will be away.
However having just come back from Romania im at work for 3 days, this being my last, before I head off to Somerset for a nice week of chilling, fishing and hot sunshine:Sad:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We will soon be heading for Eurotunnel later today to France then its down to Vias Plage for a couple of weeks hopefully for lots of sunshine only just returned from Port Grimaud the weather was great there , so was the Euro Harley meet.
Being early retired make all that past hard work worthwhile havind a Eurotunnel frequent traveller account means we can come and go as we please Fantastic:thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Going to spend today putting a new covering on a 40ft polytunnel

It's alright for you kids, we old 'uns can't take that much excitement.

I'm going to get on my bike and visit my mistress in her villa on Lake Maggiore and hope I can satisfy her in time to get home before my wife starts worrying. Sometimes I do, sometimes I have say "Well I Jim's polytunnel was bigger than usual this time, I don't know why he needs so many, got to help a mate out. Perfume Dear ? That's the solvent for gluing polytunnel sheeting.".

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
could not find anywhere in kent, sussex,hampshire coastal areas all fully booked looking at day trips out this weekend.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001

Not going anywhere this W/E!
Think I've got a touch of swine flu looking at a map of Mexico a week ago?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I am reading this to calm me down ! :Angry: Fed up with customers booking pitches, 5 days in this case, and not turning up or calling to cancel. I have turned 3 units away this weekend as I was fully booked and now one unit has not turned up for a five day booking so have lost customers and money. Why would they not ring and cancel, I alway ask people to let me know if they can not come for any reason and everyone says" of course I will" and they blooming well don't:swear:
Surely its good manners !
Sorry rant over:Blush:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'm reading this out of idle curiosity wondering why people are reading this.....

I am reading this to calm me down ! :Angry: Fed up with customers booking pitches, 5 days in this case, and not turning up or calling to cancel. I have turned 3 units away this weekend as I was fully booked and now one unit has not turned up for a five day booking so have lost customers and money. Why would they not ring and cancel, I alway ask people to let me know if they can not come for any reason and everyone says" of course I will" and they blooming well don't:swear:

Hi Eileen,

YET ANOTHER case of people Block booking over the Bank Holiday Periods and then a No-Show when they see the weather.Do You take a substantial booking deposit on a No Returns basis Eileen?

Hope you get sorted.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Set up a paypal account and get people to book in advance, or do you think this would lose you just as many? (You would lose 3.4% +20p for every booking)

Also, do what the airlines do. Over Book. You will always find someone somewhere to park. If they all turn up, you could even offer them a discount for not being on the proper pitch, then everyone is a winner:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I alway ask people to let me know if they can not come for any reason and everyone says" of course I will" and they blooming well don't:swear:

You are letting them dictate terms.

Make your booking terms: Non refundable deposit to book pitch to arrive any time on one day or no deposit to reserve pitch until 14:00.

Force "them" to behave properly.

I'd gladly pay you a deposit.

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
We are here coz ours is in the States

But we are off to do a carboot to earn a few quid.

Newquay is full of teenage petrolheads this weekend and the A30 is chok a blok again at Jamaica Inn ,Temple on Bodmin Moor

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Only got back from Peterborough (and subsequent places) trip a couple of weeks ago and have been playing catch-up since. Off to see my Mum midweek then preparing for Stratford. No time to gt away this weekend.

On the point of no-shows, I agree with others. I wouldn't mind paying a deposit at all.

Graham

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thanks folks,I don't take a deposit maybe its something we should think about. Too trusting thats my trouble ! Think I might overbook next time by one unit then if they all turn up I will put one on our "friends and family pitch".
We have made a black list now !!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks folks,I don't take a deposit maybe its something we should think about. Too trusting thats my trouble ! Think I might overbook next time by one unit then if they all turn up I will put one on our "friends and family pitch".
We have made a black list now !!

Crikey.....Don't put me on it?:RollEyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Think I might overbook next time by one unit

That's not fixing the problem it's generating a new one. It used to cause no end of aggravation with the airlines and Travelodge.

This time *you* are in the wrong.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That's not fixing the problem it's generating a new one. It used to cause no end of aggravation with the airlines and Travelodge.

This time *you* are in the wrong.

But they have the space to place them IF this occurs.:thumb:Unlike an overbooked aircraft.:Eeek:

It Is Exactly this mentality of no show that is stopping another Family from having a lovely holiday break there.

I will put one on our "friends and family pitch".

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cutting the grass today.
as its the first cut of the year i'll need my satnav to find my way around..:ROFLMAO:
health and safety be aware.....im clearing the gutters tommorow and im doing it off a LADDER. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But they have the space to place them IF this occurs.:thumb:Unlike an overbooked aircraft.:Eeek:

Yes I had noticed that, but it did not seem right. They do have a plan with an overbooked aircraft but not what the customer paid for, just as in this case.

If they have a spare place of quality good enough to sell when overbooking then it's bad business not to offer it for sale all the time.

Are we on commission for all this splendid advice :)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yes I had noticed that, but it did not seem right. They do have a plan with an overbooked aircraft but not what the customer paid for, just as in this case.

If they have a spare place of quality good enough to sell when overbooking then it's bad business not to offer it for sale all the time.

I do hope so...:winky: I am sure they'll fill the space......Lovely area that.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a

It Is Exactly this mentality of no show that is stopping another Family from having a lovely holiday break there.

Yes AD, friends and family pitch is the best one on site so no one would complain would they.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a

Can not offer it for sale all the time I am a 5 van site and this is an extra pitch, number six, for friends and family and yes it is splendid advice - thanks.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Devon is far too busy, full of grockles, hee hee. All Sites report fully booked but down here if you book you pay, no show you still pay and so it should be everywhere.
Not that I ever use a site but have always wondered why the clubs allow block bookings. They all need to earn a living regardless of weather and the number of people who turn up. Regulated so a booking actually means payment then prices wil eventually come down or facilities improve so it is in the interest of both parties to pay a booking deposit.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Dad and Bruno has me at home so the bike covers come off ::bigsmile: and gardening later on

Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back