Whats new in Portugal . (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Whats going on in Portugal? Who's there, cannot wait to get there in January.
Is it busy with motorhomes? Is there a French invasion.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
It got very busy last year after the xmas alot of French vans but there are alot of new aires opened up .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not seen any more French here than last time we visited Armacao but we are on a campsite. Not looked at aires yet.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
am at pedro's and all the aires i've used have been full of french they are arriving2-3 at a time oh yes the aire at Silves by the pool has got a barrier and a cabin by the gate they've taken off the taps so no water and another aire up by the castle has also got a barrier and cabin ready but not yet open.When the barrier is working parking under the trees will be banned

Quintapedro

Campsite Owner Portugal
Feb 20, 2013
N37"09.24 W008"12.34
Funster No
MH
Motorhome Site
Exp
Does anyone know if the aire at Portimao still open? Are the new aires listed anywhere?
Hoping to visit Pedro in late January, but nothing confirmed yet. I want to check out the legendary bbq's at the new site.
hello

It will be a pleasure to have you here..... just do me a favour, wen you will know your arriving date, please book a place....

about Portimão, yes still open, whit a different management from last year. ...

all the best
see you soon
Pedro

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Does anyone know if the aire at Portimao still open? Are the new aires listed anywhere?
Hoping to visit Pedro in late January, but nothing confirmed yet. I want to check out the legendary bbq's at the new site.

As Pedro said above its still open + they have a few electric points now

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Lots of french here in Portugal but Brits on Turiscampo are bumping up the numbers.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

Are you taking your toad? Pedro's gate is very tight and uneven for an RV unless he has changed it, might be an idea to check the entrance beforehand. We hope to be staying there sometime this winter, not sure when though, but will make a booking as suggested.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We will be in Portugal for xmas meeting up with some friends at a aire / campsite called mikki place. We have not been to this aire / campsite before but have heard good reports

http://www.mikki-place-to-stay.com/

If you go to Mikki's place try and get a pitch on the lower level.
We went there last year, pitched up on the upper terrace and got stuck in the mud up to our rear axel. They had to dig a trench so we could be towed out.
Having said that, it's a great place and the folks are really friendly

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
If you go to Mikki's place try and get a pitch on the lower level.
We went there last year, pitched up on the upper terrace and got stuck in the mud up to our rear axel. They had to dig a trench so we could be towed out.
Having said that, it's a great place and the folks are really friendly

Thx for the tip being a tag axle and 9m I don't want to get stuck. Ive heard good reports about the place if any funsters are there your always welcome for a free drink or 2

Paul

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We will be in Portugal for xmas meeting up with some friends at a aire / campsite called mikki place. We have not been to this aire / campsite before but have heard good reports

http://www.mikki-place-to-stay.com/

We went last year just as it opened, good site great couple who run it and plenty of room.
We may see you there.

I should think by now the ground should be settled. When we were there Arno was still building the pitches and they weren't very hard but have had all year to settle down now.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We went last year just as it opened, good site great couple who run it and plenty of room.
We may see you there.

Thx for the info Keith it would be nice to meet up for a chat and a beer you and your good lady always welcome if you spot us.

Paul

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
No, we are not towing this year. Sounds like Pedro's will be a bit tight for us. We are hoping to set off in January, using Brittany Ferries to Spain, and then drive the last bit.
Hoping to check out a few new places this time, like Mikki's and Messines. Love the carpark at Portimao though, and Alvor. Getting very excited, and beginning to plan.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Any Portuguese funster meets planned yet?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We will be at Mikki's over xmas and new year, say hello if you see us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back