Another fridge thread, sorry! (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK this weekend I finally decided to fit the cooling fan to our fridge. It has been sitting in the pile of "things to fit" for a couple of months now. And since the van wasn't being used it seemed like a good idea.

Anyway, onto the point. In order to fit the fan, the fridge has to be removed, so I disconnected it all, and slid it out. Now I had intended to take the fridge to the garage and work on it in there, however, I quickly discovered that the fridge is larger than the width of the habitation door! Not a problem, I simply went and got an old sheet and worked on the fridge in the van.

Whilst I was working away, a thought occurred to me. How the bloody hell does one replace the fridge if it ever breaks completely?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
On ours, it is a bit complex..
Remove fridge and place near door.

Refit fridge and buy a new motorhome with working fridge

Seriously, ours will JUST slide through..

If you have a fixed bed with a lift up base in to the garage I 'spose it might be possible to pass it through the bed, into the garage, and out that way..

Short of that a jigsaw to remove the side of the van and duck tape to put it back afterwards !!!!! ????

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If it wont go though the door you could always take the windscreen out :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Funny, but that thought occurred to me the other day and the only thing I could think of was to remove the habitation door frame which may give you a bit more room or somehow man handle it out of the passenger door after removing the seat?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have heard if you take all the surround off the habitation door might fit, else, through the windscreen!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ours was the same in the Hymer, you had to work on it in the kitchen, and with the tiny end kitchen that wasn't easy. They must build the van around the fridge. No accessible bottom vent on the outside of ours; so we took it out a few times just to do normal maintenance. That was before we discovered it was easier to drop the rear bumper. :doh:

Fridge-1.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just thinking it through, if you removed the fridge door, would it go through sideways ?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just a thought.
Remove the passenger seat and exit fridge through front door(s)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I found that by removing the fridge doors and hinges it would got through sideways as it is wider than it is deep.
I have done this when I upgraded mine from a 7 to the 8 series

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
All I can hear in my head right now is that 1962??? (So Long ago?) rendition of "Right said Fred" by Bernard Cribbens.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just a thought.
Remove the passenger seat and exit fridge through front door(s)
I hadn't thought of that. Being a high-line, with the bed retracted, I could probably go over the passenger seat and out the cab door!
Simple when you think about it! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back