Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
After waiting what seems like an eternity (we had to save hard) the new MH has arrived.

Yesterday morning started off with an early morning train ride into new street station Bham, a quick breakfast and a coffee to go and I was on my way to Nottingham on a quiet train.

Arrived at Nottingham and quick 9 min journey out to the dealer.

Was a lovely misty morning, very excited as I walked into the dealer and saw the New van with my registration plate on. Hand over was great but I was rushing the guy on as I just wanted to get out in it!

Programmed the nav and I was out of there, really impressed with the Ducato touch screen navigation with Lane assist, it also has speed cameras pre programmed.

On Friday I called through to Kingsbury CCC. And got a hard standing pitch with elec hook up. In my haste I forgot to get a gas bottle for the van but given that we were going for a quick one nighter I though running on all elec will be fine.

Reversed up the drive and threw so stuff into the van (just randomly ran around the house) told the wife to get the kids in were having a night away. My wife being ever the planner said she would meet us there she would pop to asda on the way and get some consumables (beer and food)

Arrived at Kingsbury filled the fresh water tank on the way in with new new fold flat hose a MHF member told me to get and set up on the pitch, wound the awning out let the kids run loose and sat down with a beer

From hand over to sitting down with a beer in my hand, 4 hours.

Wife arrived 30 mins later with more supplies. What a great little night out! Kids had the best sat night out for ages and we retired to the van with the heating on all elec holding beautifully at 21c.

There is one massive downside ... Having to come home as the kids have school and I have work tomorrow, but the thought of knowing we can now nip off for quick weekenders anytime we want will keep me going till next time :)

Roll on the winter breaks !

OP
OP
Anthony496

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Lol Appoliges the pics are sideways ! Can't edit them now either :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
4 Hours, that's impressive by any-ones standards, well done.

There is one massive downside ... Having to come home as the kids have school and I have work tomorrow

Mind you, retiring and going off when the kids are at school, well that's even more impressive.....:wink:

ps I've hurt my neck looking at your photo's.

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Anthony496,

Damn it I hate you man, great post, have lots of fun in the new van it looks great. Not to sure about the 'quick one nighter' with the kids around though :whistle:
Take care,

Norman.

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Van looks fab (what is it??)

We are 8 weeks in with 6 weekends away so far and loving it

Hope you have loads of fun!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Anthony496

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys ! Ja - I have seen your posts and your new black edition .. V nice !

Norman - I'm loling at that now reading it back ! It does sound wrong doesnt it. I should get a bumper sticker "do not disturb having a one nighter" ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Enjoyed your post, lovely MH and it just fits snugly on your drive! Very impressed with people who can 'just take off' - 4 hours!! takes me ages to get ready.

Looks like you're all going to have a lot of fun. :)

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
What an excellent post. Sums up everything that motor homing is about.
Hope you have plenty of of other outings as spontaneous to entertain us all.
Enjoy

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
If you want to get the other persons attention Anthony you only have to put the @ sign in front of their "Handle" like this @Momo or @Anthony496 and before you have finished typing you will be 'automatically' offered a list of members you wish to include.

Try it, you'll like it I'm sure. I think it's called tagging, in the alert menu you get a message saying you have been tagged in a certain thread.... Griff

Upvote 0

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Nice looking van and very impressed at the 4 hour turnaround. Takes us at least half a day to get loaded up for a trip and most of our stuff stays in it all the time!

Upvote 0

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Have to get you to have a word with my wife that the van should be ready at a moments notice to go away if the urge takes us but she always has to check clothes etc - not sure why if it is replaced as soon as it is cleaned.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Great post! Love the feeling of excitement at your first trip.
Hope you keep the excited feeling every time you go away.....we still do after several years touring.

Richard.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Anthony496

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks everyone :)

Well it gets even better! The MH was supposed to go into a local strorage site today but I was a little late finishing work than I had hoped for; went home and said to the wife "the MH will have to live on the drive for another night". After a little persuasion she agreed that rather than leave it on the drive all night that I could have a night on my own in it and drop it off in the morning as I have to be there at 8:30am. Before she could say don't forget your work shoes, I had a bag packed and was off (clearly she's having an afair and the other guy is popping in later) ! On. Route a Quick nip to the shops and I managed to find three spaces end to end outside the co-op - funny it doesn't look that big on a campsite but put it by the shops and it looks like a massive ice berg!

Some beer and snacks in hand and headed off to the local campsite. Arrived signed in with no booking threw the cable into the hook up and closed the blinds, popped the heating on boost and sat in the rear lounge.

I have quite a bit of work to do so now settling in with my laptop and have the whole MH to myself :)

Bliss total bliss

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Been there, done that, usually end up doing exactly the same kind of work you are obviously doing. :D

Great, isn't it! :)(y)

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Great post
Very nice Motorhome love the built in Satnav.
May you have many happy nights in the MH.

Mel

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back