Peugeot auto sleeper Cotswold fb 2.2 HDi reg 2011 (1 Viewer)

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi, I am after some advice please,seen this Motorhome at Martins of Exeter on our way home from holiday today and would like your input on what you think of it,good points bad points,its a lot of money to spend like any Motorhome is and hoping you knowledgeable Motorhomers might be able to give me your advice on what you think.sorry I am not sure how to add a link direct to martins.

Thank you Dave

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, I am after some advice please,seen this Motorhome at Martins of Exeter on our way home from holiday today and would like your input on what you think of it,good points bad points,its a lot of money to spend like any Motorhome is and hoping you knowledgeable Motorhomers might be able to give me your advice on what you think.sorry I am not sure how to add a link direct to martins.

Thank you Dave

This one?

Broken Link Removed

(y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We have an Auto Sleeper Kemerton year 2013.

The build quality is very good but not perfect. The materials in them are excellent it's just the sometimes sloppy way they put them together.

I took quite a lot of cupboards and kit out to rid the van of squeaks and rattles. Again I repeat excellent kit just silly daft sloppy ness when building. Cables that were not clipped. Window blinds with screws to short. Daft stuff like that. Took a while to sort but a brilliant van now.

AS are excellent to deal with. Phone them for advice or parts and they are brilliant.

We looked at many vans and no other one came close for us . So time spent sorting out niggles was no problem.

I should add though I am the fussiest person you will ever meet.

All in all brilliant vans.

Good luck !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No idea about the rest of it, but it has the same fridge freezer and cooker as ours.. both work extremely well ( after a bit of a problem with the fridge on gas, but that was an easy fix and as it turned out no real fault of the unit )

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We have an Auto Sleeper 2014 Broadway EB had a few niggles but AS have had the van back and sorted with no problems. The Peugeot side with Ford Transit Engine no warranty issues at all now coming up to 13,000 miles, and we leave in under 3 weeks for Benidorm again 3rd time with this van.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think that some of the Cotswolds had a slight design fault with cracking rippling of the side due to the overhang. Might be worth checking out just in case, but if OK now then it will be OK - used to own an A/S Broadway. Very well built; good vans, if a little traditional in design

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We have an Auto Sleeper 2014 Broadway EB had a few niggles but AS have had the van back and sorted with no problems. The Peugeot side with Ford Transit Engine no warranty issues at all now coming up to 13,000 miles, and we leave in under 3 weeks for Benidorm again 3rd time with this van.

John.
John our van has the Ford Puma engine also. Great engine with very decent low down power which suits a heavy vehicle. We are getting outstanding economy form ours and its only just passed 10K miles so still tight !

Do you mind if I ask the route you are taking to Benidorm ? We are heading that way in January and being new to this game I have as yet no idea which route to take or which ferry's are best.

Thanks.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Dave,
I know nothing of the build quality but the rear overhang would be of concern to me personally, especially when boarding or leaving ferries, but that is purely my opinion.
After reading Duxdeluxs post, am I imagining creasing on the left rear side about inline with the top of the decal :Eeek:
Apologies if you feel that I am being too pessimistic.

Norman.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Dave,
I know nothing of the build quality but the rear overhang would be of concern to me personally, especially when boarding or leaving ferries, but that is purely my opinion.
After reading Duxdeluxs post, am I imagining creasing on the left rear side about inline with the top of the decal :Eeek:
Apologies if you feel that I am being too pessimistic.

Norman.
I'm still on the Autosleeper Owners Forum and the creasing problem was mentioned over there, but if it isn't present now, it has either been fixed or it won't be a risk.

Nice van and don't worry about the light upholstery - it is very hard wearing and easy to clean. I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
That is virtually the same vehicle as our 2013 Broadway FB, but ours has 2 side sofas instead of the half dinette. The external dimensions are the same, the long rear overhang has never caused us any problems, the back of the van is quite high off the ground. Autosleepers are exceptionally solid and well built, once all the silly niggling things are sorted out, which the previous owners will have done, you will have yourselves a fantastic van.
Just be aware though that it is rated at just over 4000KG, but has a good 600+KG payload. The engine, the same as ours if it is the Euro 5 unit, has plenty of power and ours returns around 28mpg, and I don't generally hang around! My sat nav seems to have recorded a max speed a few weeks ago, of just under 90, somehow.....
And at 7500 miles, it isn't even run in yet. It seems a good price too.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
John our van has the Ford Puma engine also. Great engine with very decent low down power which suits a heavy vehicle. We are getting outstanding economy form ours and its only just passed 10K miles so still tight !

Do you mind if I ask the route you are taking to Benidorm ? We are heading that way in January and being new to this game I have as yet no idea which route to take or which ferry's are best.

Thanks.

Hi Charlie I use the Dover to Calais ferry early hours of morning, stop somewhere to sleep then drive down to Pau no tolls takes 2 day's, through the Somport tunnel and then set my sat nav to tolls Huesca, Zaragosa and if needed I stop at the Aire in Segorbe and then to Benidorm.

John.

Last edited:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Charlie I use the Dover to Calais ferry early hours of morning, stop somewhere to sleep then drive down to Pau no tolls takes 2 day's, through the Somport tunnel and then set my sat nav to tolls Huesca, Zaragosa and if needed I stop at the Aire in Segorbe and then to Benidorm.

John.
Thanks John (y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back