pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Well we finally got her, First of all we were very impressed by preston caravans where we bought her, a most enjoyable experience, I have read negative feedback of this company but they treat us great, We love the Mohican, she drives perfect , cruises on the m6 at 65, everything works apart from the cd changer, Had some waves from other motorhomes, we cant remember being this happy for ages. roll on good times. steve and nade.(y)

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Also very surprised how economical she is for an old girl, 110 miles approx. £20, My bike does less to the gallon, we have been round her tonight for 2 hours looking for damp without success :D After reading all the AT damp problems on here very pleased as she is 16 year old but very very clean . steve and nade.

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Welcome aboard. I too was pleasantly surprised when I got my rather mature Hymer recently and still have a coat hanger in my mouth.

Enjoy oh and mine is to old for a CD, it has a radio cassette, neither of which work yet and a set of those things for storing up to six cassettes in! I don't care though it is all part of the fun and I will shove a DAB job in that will do the CDs and accept my iphone/ipad and bluetooth.

Enjoy the fun Clive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Congratulations on your new home on wheels and I hope you will be out enjoying it very soon :)

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Upvote 0
OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
It's a lovely feeling regardless of the age of the MoHo. I hope that feeling stays with you for a long time...........Griff
we have been out trying all the switches etc, sold all unwanted items on ebay boot sales for nearly a year, sat here in dis belief we now have our very own motorhome.

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Also very surprised how economical she is for an old girl, 110 miles approx. £20, My bike does less to the gallon, we have been round her tonight for 2 hours looking for damp without success :D After reading all the AT damp problems on here very pleased as she is 16 year old but very very clean . steve and nade.
An Autotrail of that vintage should be well built. Another Funster has a AT Scout on a Mercedes chassis and the whole thing is really well put together. Yes a few issues as you would expect, but a really good van. When looking for our first van we hired an 02 Dakota and that was well built as well (so why did we buy a Lunar that leaked like a sieve? :doh:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
What a torturous day! Been at work leading corn all day in fields with a good view of our new motorhome, still needs must and the harvest must come in when the weather is dry, got next weekend off and my lovely wife has tea bags etc packed ready for the off next Friday night.(y)

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Awwww @pigginchillin.........I don't think I have ever known anyone so happy about getting a motorhome

Well, except for us.....we ummd and aaaahd for about 10 years or more, we even tried a static caravan and a villa in Florida during that time but still our minds kept wondering back to Motorhomes.

So glad we finally did it, we can't stop smiling either, especially when we are flitting in and out of the house loading her up for another lovely weekend away!! (y)

Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back