Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
at unity site at Breen sands at the moment. Every morning we have a group of women walking across our pitch to the toilet block - gossiping aloud as they do. Each morning this has woken us up.

I want to go out and give them what but Mrs D says no.

What is the etiquette concerning walking across each other's pitches?

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I was there a couple of weeks ago and noticed that from mainly those is caravans who were setup for the year. I agree. There should be a degree of etiquette when crossing others pitches but as generally their pitches are on the edge, they don't know how annoying it is! I normally always say something even if it's 'hi welcome to our pitch. Feel free to walk across it' in a sarcastic manner. Solves the problem, plus I look quite menacing (so I've been told).

As we have kids we're up early anyway so doesn't normally affect me - but I don't let others know that..!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We were on a site a few months ago in Kent. It was a commercial site with a clubhouse.

All the drunks came past our van at about 2am. Swearing and shouting and there were kids with them as well.

I should think they were caravaners:D

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Yes very annoying, I look at it like this; you have paid/rented that pitch/area for not an insignificant amount it is, yours, for your use and not anyone elses, unless invited.

But it is "difficult" to tackle the people involved as this could ruin your holiday, best to do as has already been suggested and get some windbreaks.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Three things we try to avoid pitching near on campsites are

a) The toilet block
b) The kid's club
c) The glass recycling bin

Someone should devise a phone app that finds you the optimum pitching point on any campsite, using GPS.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We suffered with this at Honeybridge Farm with the caravan a few years ago, putting windbreaks on just meant that folks walked round them:eek:. Couldn't believe how thick skinned folk were even when asked they still did it because we where directly in line with the loo block - never again!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have mentioned on here before this has happened to us a few times the worse being while we sat eating our dinner outside folk from a pitch across from us walked right under our wind out awning while we ate. I did comment to them but in one ear out the other so later that day I got a can of manners my kindle and took a chair and plonked myself down slap bang in the middle of their pitch. I don't think they knew what to do or where to look but they got the message and never once walked over my pitch for the remainder of our stay.
So what to do is get up early and make a cuppa and plonk yourself down on their pitch so when they come out in the mor I got your there to say good morning.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Whilst on a site in Poitiers a good few years ago where the pitches were hedged we had people from the pitch behind us climbing over the hedge and walking through our pitch to go to the loo block rather than walk round . That night we were watching tv when it suddenly went off at the same time as an almighty clatter from outside.
He had climbed over the hedge and tripped over the freestanding sat dish.....it was worth losing the tv signal to see him sprawled out on the wet ground muttering under his breath in French ...he scuttled off and the following morning he limped round to the loos by the roadway not through our pitch .....result(y)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Maybe I am just too easy going. People were walking through our pitch the other weekend at Longleat, ended up having long discussions with most of them. Primarily discussing what bits the monkeys had eaten off of their cars!

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
on a site last week the dustbin lorry came round on a Friday at 7 am to empty bins .Friday was the main change over day you had to be of your pitch by 10am that was the sites way of getting you up .now that's what I call annoying .

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
These people that stroll across your pitch will be the same people that park their car across your driveway or leave their car in the middle of the road while they pop into someone's house when there are spaces they can park, basically self centred, those that don't consider anybody else other than themselves, society nowadays is full of 'em unfortunately

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
They'll only do it once !

3672.jpg

Disadvantage is the screams will still wake you.

Deleted User
Very rare that we ever use campsites, but I've always been amused how territorial campers can become over a square of grass that's "theirs".

The use of windbreaks etc to fence everyone out is campings equivalent of the Atlantic wall.

Anyway isn't that something the cliques do at rallies to keep the oiks out :whistle: :reel:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I dont know about a pet grizzly bear, but I have tethered 3 slobbering staffies outside and rather than scare off trespassers, we get inundated with folk wanting to give them a fuss

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I dont know about a pet grizzly bear, but I have tethered 3 slobbering staffies outside and rather than scare off trespassers, we get inundated with folk wanting to give them a fuss
Yes, I would do the same...... love staffies.

You need an idiot dog plus a senile, partially blind and deaf stroppy Jack Russell.....

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
These people that stroll across your pitch will be the same people that park their car across your driveway or leave their car in the middle of the road while they pop into someone's house when there are spaces they can park, basically self centred, those that don't consider anybody else other than themselves, society nowadays is full of 'em unfortunately

That's spooky, have we met?:)

:cooler:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

you forgot two adjectives..

freeloading
tossers

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The attitude of people that walk across others pitch area is the same as we have experienced on some CL's . You pull on to an empty CL find a nice spot - set up and what happens - the site is 4 acres and the next person drives and parks 10 feet away from you WHY ??? they have the rest of the 4 acres to choose from .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back