LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Our Hymer B694 is now owned by another. The handover took place on a carpark in rural North Yorkshire to the first person to view it and for the full asking price.

I am pleased to be able to get the cash into the bank to plug the hole caused by my recent purchase of our great current unit but there was a large lump in my throat when I shook the hand of the new owner, turned round and walked away. Sob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 241

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I feel your pain.

We recently let go of our campervan after 10 years of ownership - but decided that the time was right and let another family get as much enjoyment as we did. It went exactly 10 years to the day we bought it and it felt right to let go then.

That said, we do now have a brilliant MH of which I never thought I would have at this stage of my life that we are creating many new memories with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We were the same when we sold ours. But we'd had several happy trouble free years with Mizzie the mizar. Plus she was going to another family who'd loved her since first seeing it when we went out on our first ever funster trip ! So that and the fact we could pay the mortgage off and help fund our self build , made it easier !

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
It is indeed. He knows all about FUN and was really taken with the post about how to get the longest wear out of a pair of underpants.

Be careful with the comments about my beloved. I already have to cope with JJ's remarks concerning 'the child bride'.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I know how you feel we sold ours in July and miss it loads, we are having to wait until December for our new van and it seems a lifetime and with all these sunny weekends we're having up here in Scotland just makes us miss it more.
The worst part is the new owners haven't even sent a postcard or pic of how she doing.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
You need to replace the 'old' avatar now Mr. Bolt:D

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
I feel your pain.

We recently let go of our campervan after 10 years of ownership - but decided that the time was right and let another family get as much enjoyment as we did. It went exactly 10 years to the day we bought it and it felt right to let go then.

That said, we do now have a brilliant MH of which I never thought I would have at this stage of my life that we are creating many new memories with.

swapped our beloved campervan for a MH today and felt so guilty leaving it sitting there on the forecourt as we drove off in the newer one. I feel like a traitor!! love our new MH though so im sure i will get over it

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Really pleased, looks as if it's gone to a good home, we spent many a happy hour following her around Morroco , some one has a beautiful van. (y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Happy to Har you have sold :) you have your memories that only you will hold and cherish but what adventures and new memories you will have In you new to you motohome buoy you two . See you soon xx Kate x

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
What's wrong with you lot it's just a bit of metal.......(just found out my old van has been SWORN, that old beauty took us miles) :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back