Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've made it possible for you to post sounds into posts. They must be MP3 files and all you need do is post the whole URL straight into the post. Thats the text up top in your browser that looks something like this www,bbc.co.uk/mysound.mp3

I'll paste one in below and see if it works

Have Fun ;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Was that your response to "you expect me to pay that much on your specs!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What a great feature, I did try to upload something a while ago but couldn't. If I can only remember what it was I'll try again!

But I fear for what they might get up to in the Belly Locker! Do we need new rules of engagement? No singing in the bath recordings, no bottom burps, that sort of thing? :D

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's a great feature but I fear for what they might get up to in the Belly Locker! Do we need new rules of engagement? No singing in the bath recordings, no bottom burps, that sort of thing? :D
I'm surprised none have been posted already

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've made it possible for you to post sounds into posts. They must be MP3 files and all you need do is post the whole URL straight into the post. Thats the text up top in your browser that looks something like this www,bbc.co.uk/mysound.mp3

I'll paste one in below and see if it works

Have Fun ;)
Jim, might it be possible to allow mp3 files to be uploaded directly? I've got a file of frogs croaking outside my MH I'd like to share. :)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Jim, might it be possible to allow mp3 files to be uploaded directly? I've got a file of frogs croaking outside my MH I'd like to share. :)
If you have a cloud account. Onedrive, Dropbox, etc etc. Just allow it to share and treat it as a normal url

Dick

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you have a cloud account. Onedrive, Dropbox, etc etc. Just allow it to share and treat it as a normal url

Dick
My post has now been overtaken by events as I have discovered a free website www.clyp.it which lets me upload mp3 files - a sort of YouTube for sound. https://clyp.it/hxbqb2i2#
But thanks for the suggestions, I'll investigate those options as well. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry. :( Computer dumbo.

So .. I record something, say on watsap? And then what do I do?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry. :( Computer dumbo.

So .. I record something, say on watsap? And then what do I do?
Assuming you have made an mp3 file you need to upload it to somewhere. I used the site www.clyp.it which is free. Having uploaded your file you can share it using a button on their website or what I did was to copy the address (URL) and simply paste it into a post on here.
If I was at home on my PC I would have edited the recording first on a free programme called Audacity to remove some of the clicks and noise first. There are probably sound editing apps I could use on my Android tablet but I haven't bothered as the original recording was pretty ropy to begin with. :) I have a digital sound recorder - but I've left it at home. Must remember to bring it next time. :)
If your device records in a different format to mp3 you will need to use a conversion app on it first. You can get these too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back