Full time insurance (1 Viewer)

J

John Chard

Deleted User
Dear Group.
As we are next week to become new full-timers, who would you recommend we go to for RV insurance ? Its an American 25 footer, petrol ..
Thanks in anticipation

John :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best to forget the fulltime bit n just be most of time.start off right dont confuse the issue . get a proper address, we know thats what you mean your tongue made a slip(or finger in this case). :thumb:

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Dear Group.
As we are next week to become new full-timers, who would you recommend we go to for RV insurance ? Its an American 25 footer, petrol ..
Thanks in anticipation

John :Smile:

Sorry, John - much as I dis-like having to burst your balloon - but you will not get insurance as a full-timer!

No post-code means no quote - quite simple. :Angry:

You have to learn to bend the truth and borrow someone's post code. :whatthe:

And beware telling anybody about becoming a full-timer - insurance companies read this forum as well as the rest of us. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry, John - much as I dis-like having to burst your balloon - but you will not get insurance as a full-timer!

No post-code means no quote - quite simple. :Angry:

You have to learn to bend the truth and borrow someone's post code. :whatthe:

And beware telling anybody about becoming a full-timer - insurance companies read this forum as well as the rest of us. :Eeek:

Hi John ..

have to agree with Dick.. also if you mention 'full time' to any insurance company the information is then on file and it may be available to other insurance companies and brokers.

Comfort Insurance have said they will consider insuring a full timer on a 'case by case basis' .. the last quote I saw from them would have bought tears to a glass eye .. :Eeek:

Search 'Comfort Insurance' it should throw the thread up ..

Good luck.. and welcome to the 'bent world' of the full timer :Cool:

Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Never mind 'full time' anyone want to recommend the best insurer for 3 months in UK (At permanent address with post code and landline) and 9 months on 'Le Continent'

The two I've tried so far have said 8 months abroad only, wondering if this is some kind of insurance industry 'standard'

Upvote 0

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Safeguard told me today when i took our insurance out that they cover upto 12 months abroad, not that i wanted it but i specfically said coversure offer 8 months what is yours and their reply was, our is 12 months you can stay abroad if you like.

Dont quote me on it but that was what they said, plus they came out £30 cheaper than the others in the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Never mind 'full time' anyone want to recommend the best insurer for 3 months in UK (At permanent address with post code and landline) and 9 months on 'Le Continent'

The two I've tried so far have said 8 months abroad only, wondering if this is some kind of insurance industry 'standard'

Safeguard told me today when i took our insurance out that they cover upto 12 months abroad, not that i wanted it but i specfically said coversure offer 8 months what is yours and their reply was, our is 12 months you can stay abroad if you like.

Dont quote me on it but that was what they said, plus they came out £30 cheaper than the others in the end.

I spoke to Safeguard last month when we renewed our insurance and they confirmed that as long as our van is legal we can stay in Europe for as long as we want. Obviously if you need an MOT you need to be in UK for at least 1 day a year. That is all they require.
Some insurance companies wil give you about 8 months but with each trip having a limited stay of 90 or so days but Safeguard have no such limitations.

You need to have a residential address in UK but you don't need to spend the majority of your time there.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all insurance taken out in eorope covers you all year in other euro territory. but may only be the minimum for that country. its a sham,e here in uk only a few insurers even acknowledge the fact. even less will give fully comp. if you are over the magic 50. try saga. i can recomend them for sorting out foreign accident probs. but ashame now dont c over 5ers. very prompt n friendly service. mine got hit 2 winters ago in portugal by drunk driver, we found the car took details n police report n drove home saga repaired quickly n satisfactory. now sorted other drivers fault. give them a try .:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back