Plymouth Santander/Ferry discount (1 Viewer)

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Hi all we are looking at taking our Truck over in June to Santander, Just thinking of signing up to the frequent sailing offer to possibly save up to 30% discount, Has any members done the same and used this option and is it worth it, savings etc.
Regards

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, there is a joining fee but even so you will make a saving with just one trip in the first year. You also get 15% off trips to France.

It is easy enough to check. Start making a booking on the BF website, as there is no discount on the accommodation all you need do is get to the point where it tells you the cost of the ticket for the vehicle. Then work out 30% and see if that is more than the membership cost plus first year joining fee. It was for us and therefore joining the club was for us the right thing to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomadtim

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Thanks DBK, it was just the wording that made me think as it says up to 30% off, if it is 30% off then it will be worth it.
As you know it always pays to ask someone who has been there and used theBF service,
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
nomadtim

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Checked it out last night but the discount does not apply to day sailings, what a bummer

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Checked it out last night but the discount does not apply to day sailings, what a bummer
That's not right. What route are you looking at? You don't get 10% off dining or an allowance for breakfast on the économie service but the 30% off the main ticket still applies. For Plymouth/Santander they only do day sailing from what I can remember.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
As DBK says you have to work out what the discount will be using a calculator. Unless you enter a valid code the web site is not going to reduce the price for you on ANY sailings day or night.
If someone has given you a code and the web site is still not showing a discount it could be because the allowance of 15 friends and family bookings per year has been used up.
It has happened the last couple of years on my Club Voyage account because quite a few people have my code (and obviously use it). The allowance is reset after you renew your annual membership.

OP
OP
nomadtim

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Hi guys thank you for the information, I am certainly not disbelieving you're valued advice, as its early days yet and I'm in no rush to book and as you know it's no trivial amount, where it states under Club sailing discounts the bottom line says excludes overnight on board accomadation, so I'm presuming I would not get a discount on two return cabins at £100 each. =£60.00
Please excuse me if I seem thick
Regards

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi guys thank you for the information, I am certainly not disbelieving you're valued advice, as its early days yet and I'm in no rush to book and as you know it's no trivial amount, where it states under Club sailing discounts the bottom line says excludes overnight on board accomadation, so I'm presuming I would not get a discount on two return cabins at £100 each. =£60.00
Please excuse me if I seem thick
Regards
Correct.
The 30% is only on the sailing fare for the vehicle and passengers. The accommodation is not discounted.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And when you do book with your membership number the invoice doesn't show the discount separately, which isn't very clever but that's just the way they work. They just show the price of the ticket.

You don't have to book a cabin, there are reclining chairs which you can take but you have to take one of these options. You can of course book a reclining chair and then crash out on a bench seat but being a softy we go for a 4 berth cabin as this gives two beds at ground level so to speak and no ladder to climb. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

OP
OP
nomadtim

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Thanks for all the input guys much apreiciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back