Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
Fed up with poor weather forecasts? Well so are the BBC who have barred the Met Office from the next bidding round to be the supplier of forecasts for the Beeb.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the met office will still supply the data, but the analysis and forecasting will be done by another company. from what i understand, the bbc weather presenters will not be changing. so weve still got carol crumpet er kirkwood

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I use the weatherpro app and can recommend it. It looks good, easy to use. Some lovely maps and satellite pictures.But, like all the others I've tried, unless the weather is absolutely settled, it's useless at predicting the weather.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Oh yes and dont forget these are the same people and their models, who cant get todays weather right. But Who are predicting global warming decades in advance....what a pile of :moon2:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
the met office will still supply the data, but the analysis and forecasting will be done by another company. from what i understand, the bbc weather presenters will not be changing. so weve still got carol crumpet er kirkwood
Hi. Big1
Thanks for the info. Carol Kirkwood brightens up the most dismal day with her smile alone....plus.. LOL.
All i need now is to hear that Anna Church will be "Brightening" up the weather forcasts as well and i will be a very happy Old Man?... ( Not while these two grace the screen. LOL)
Tea Bag Oooooeeeer misses!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back