LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
given your stated location, I expect it wont be as simple as just popping into your nearest dealership or calling out a mobile engineer. a good auto electrician may be able to help, but no guarantee

as PPJ said a post with an idea what the fault is would help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Oban, Argyll and Bute, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I have a Hymer B584 and I have a problem with the 2x 12v interior spotlights. They keep blowing the fuse on the electrobloc 99. I have checked for a short circuit and cannot find one. I have now taken the lights off but the fuse keeps blowing. Have checked hob ignition and kitchen light, any suggestions please?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hi, I have a Hymer B584 and I have a problem with the 2x 12v interior spotlights. They keep blowing the fuse on the electrobloc 99. I have checked for a short circuit and cannot find one. I have now taken the lights off but the fuse keeps blowing. Have checked hob ignition and kitchen light, any suggestions please?
If you have taken the bulbs out but the fuse keeps blowing there has to be a short.. or it is something else blowing the fuse. With the bulbs out does it only blow when you turn the lights on.. if so the problem could be in the light switch.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Fuses are in place to protect the wiring from damage or fire in the case of overload. If you have removed the lamp bulbs and still have an issue then something is shorting in the wiring from fuse to lamp, most likely in the switch. Have a look,your looking for a direct short to earth of the live, or between the live and neutral. Best of luck!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Pull the fuse and the bulbs then put a multimeter between the 2 connections for a bulb. first set to 20v dc and see if you have a reading. if not, switch to continuity and see if theres a dead short or 0 ohms. if its a short, which is probable, check the switch. then the easiest way to find the short is check each light etc attached to the circuit then follow the wiring and check for corrosion or damage
any basic auto electrician will do this first and charge ÂŁ50+ per hour

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Oban, Argyll and Bute, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for your replies. Lights all checked out and circuit tested, 10 amp fuse still blows as soon as the 12v system switched on. I have removed the lights and have new ones on order as a previous owner made a repair job on one of the switches, circuit still okay so it must be something else that the fuse protects from the elektroblok. This could be the ignition on the gas hob or the cooker hood light/fan. The last two seem okay but I am not sure how to test the ignition system on the cooker?

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
It's best to disconnect switches to all lights - making sure wires are split apart and then see if fuse blows. There is potential for a switch to be making connection even when off.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Boabs.
If you say there's free drink on offer half the blo*** Funsters will turn up tomorrow! It'll take the other half an extra day to get back over The Channel.:france:
They'll turn up but no fix anything mind you!:imoutahere:
Well not until the booze runs out and they achieve the unheard off condition of sobriety.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back