Another Win 10 success story (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My Ex had a SSD fitted to her laptop while I was away last week. The chap who did it left it on Win 7 until she had checked the new drive out.
She put it on my lap last night and asked if I would install Windows 10 and AVG without loosing any of her Apps and documents today.:)
Success story, installed both without a single hiccup. It used about 10 GB of her memory but works like a dream. The ssd along with Win 10 is lightning fast, hardly have time to get my finger off the key before the page is displayed.
Added it to my home network so she can use my remote drive for extra storage if required.
If I say it myself it was a good job done.(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The ssd along with Win 10 is lightning fast,

I wonder how long it will be before she gums it up with a load of rubbish until it's just plodding along.. :LOL:

on a serious note.. also have an SSD on a high end desktop, also with W10 .. and yes it's fast..

but it's still crawls compared to my Macbook pro :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I wonder how long it will be before she gums it up with a load of rubbish until it's just plodding along.. :LOL:
on a serious note.. also have an SSD on a high end desktop, also with W10 .. and yes it's fast..
but it's still crawls compared to my Macbok pro :D
She is pretty good with her office based skills and believe it or not she doesn't use any social media.(y) Unlike my pc chaos she is a totally organised user.

Like Apple phones those Macbook thingys are just a badge that can influence the young vulnerable users;).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@buttons I have a basic Dell laptop (celeron?) running windows 8.1 if I upgrade to 10 will it slow down please?..this is my concern.:censored:

It was a hot UK deal offer @ £150 and got it for the van. here it is:

http://uk.pcmag.com/dell-inspiron-15-non-touch-3531/37438/review/dell-inspiron-15-non-touch-3531
if its capable of running 8.1 then it will run 10 as fast if not faster

as for taking up 10gb of space, only whilst it installs and then it uses the space to hold a backup in case you want to roll back the update. when you no longer need the backup it frees off about 5gb

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@buttons I have a basic Dell laptop (celeron?) running windows 8.1 if I upgrade to 10 will it slow down please?..this is my concern.:censored:

http://uk.pcmag.com/dell-inspiron-15-non-touch-3531/37438/review/dell-inspiron-15-non-touch-3531

as for taking up 10gb of space, only whilst it installs and then it uses the space to hold a backup in case you want to roll back the update. when you no longer need the backup it frees off about 5gb

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

I'm no expert judgeM but windows will do a test of you lap top and state if suitable or not prior to loading. As far as speed, I have done three now and they are all much faster with win 10 than they were prior to the upgrade.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Thanks TB1 I will keep an eye on that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back