Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Having just read a thread about a new member attending his first rally and it not going to plan, I thought this might be a good idea for MHF.
The badge we all wear ( or should do ) is yellow with our name or user name on it. What about new members wearing a yellow/blue badge for the first meet so experienced MHF members can see right away that they are new to the rally game. This system works in industry ( hard hats colour code ) so why not try it.
I think this would make more attend who are to shy or those worried about being left out. Your thoughts?

OP
OP
Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thinking more about this. On the rally forms can a line be added to ask if this is a members 1/2/3 time attending as I think after the third time their badges can be all yellow. This is NOT a "puppy walking" exercise, people are feeling left out here, so please no silly comments.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
That's a nice thought @Don Quixote. We haven't been to a rally yet and I think that would make meeting people a bit easier if you're a bit reserved. If you didn't want to do it, you could just go for the full yellow badge from the start, your choice.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I think this could work, but also - if all people attending made a point of saying hello and introducing themselves to a new person, that would also go a long way and is more informal (that is what I try and do anyhows at other events)

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
On our first rally, about 4 years, ago we were given our name badges and a blue sticker was put on to indicate we were 'Newbies'.

I thought this was a great idea and worked well. Everyone we spoke to then introduced us to the next people and so it went on.

Maria & Andy

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When Sundowners and ourselves did the rallies, we put a little round sticker on the badge of newbies, that worked but then I did try and park a newbie next to another and most of the time got on better, I think some might have ended up alcoholics. :LOL:
Bob and Janie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We were not given/offered badges (not that I was desperate for one!!!) at our meets been to 3 now all to go to the event in question rather that to go to "a meet". I did not feel particularly included or excluded but as we work on Saturday mornings I get the feeling that it's a bit like being a student who misses the start of freshers week and find everyone else has palled up. I do think it depends on the type of person you are and what interests you .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back