Haggers hits trouble on the Italian job (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we headed off on our little Italian job...Nikki me and George joining us on his last holiday before he goes off to caterick. The plan was some hill training for me and him on both bikes and feet in altitude to increase fitness.

We left the garda area yesterday as we have had to cut short our holiday ..We are now in Tax free livigno

Tbh I didn't like lake garda too much or should i say the south of the lake. I found it way to busy . We stayed at camping wein which was ok and more room than most of the others that we looked at.
We cycled on to Sirmione which was nice and then hired a speed boat for a few hours which was a laugh.

We then went to camping roca which was really nice in Lake garda.. This was a great site if not big but with the great weather and fantastic swimning pool it makes for a value site with easy access to both garda and bardolino which are nice.

We then moved on to a shit site called campagnola. ..well expensive and crap but great easy access to Malchescine which is really pretty.
George and I took a cable car to the top and then ran down jees that was a tough run.

Yesterday we headed off to Livigno and boy what a trip. We messed up on the route and took on the pass Gavia in a 7m mh....After struggling up the pass for 4 or 5 miles and no room either side of us other than sheer drop each side -cyclists falling off as they tried to avoid us and motorcycles swearing at us i managed to turn around on a hair pin bend-this after we confronted the gumball rally coming the opposite direction.
George then got out and ran in front of the van to each hairpin to check for cars before I headed down bit by bit. Nikki in tears with her head in her hands as she had suggested the route.

We eventually got down and headed on a different route and i was so glad to see the friendly faces of the people of Livigno and the 84 cent litre fuel and 9 pound a lit re jack Daniels which I needed a few of.

Few nights here then a couple of passes back to the sanctuary of France a vet and a ferry home....
Before we head off on a joyous but unscheduled visit to Exeter.

We've had a good 10 days so far but much prefered lake como and lake lugano to the touristy Garda.

The van on the other hand is ace the merc really coming in to its own and the grumble of the huge v6 sounds awesome when going up some 1 in 10 hell hills...

So as soon as we are chilled out here is off to Exeter.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well talking about shimaNo ....just been for a wet and windy ride up to about 2300 meters on the mountain bike. .The ride down was superb ....The ride up nearly killed me but I beat George

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Well talking about shimaNo ....just been for a wet and windy ride up to about 2300 meters on the mountain bike. .The ride down was superb ....The ride up nearly killed me but I beat George

Wait until he finishes his recruits course;

He probably still won't beat you, but he'll know how to deck you afterwards!!!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back